Computers Turns off without warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago my computer was turning off abd giving me a message re: thermal issues. So, bought thermal paste, cleaned the exixting paste and put the new paste. After that was done the computers keeps turning off, but it does not give me that message anymore.
Does anybody has any idea as to why this is happening?
:confused:

Your computer may be overheating. Your CPU fan may not be sufficient for your processor. Or It could be your power supply. Does your computer turn off and come back on, or does it just crash and stay off? There are a lot of things that can make your computer crash. Did you make sure to not put too much thermal paste on? Also, you could have put too little of the thermal paste on. Does your computer run for a while before shutting down or does it crash as soon as you turn it on? Look in the download section on here for a temp monitor. Use a couple different temp monitors to see if your computer is overheating.

I think your computer is still overheating or the PSU is going bad. Run the temp monitors and check to see if your computer is overheating. How much paste did you apply? Was it oozing out? You should use about a pea sized drop of paste and then spread it somewhat thinly, to about a dime sized circle.

Can be other hardware as well

Pull hardware like modems and Video cards PCI ethernet cards and try it after each pull. Can be cd roms and burners too. Memory does this too. Speakers can do this. Printers can do this. Mice can do this.Sometimes it can be the problem.
Make sure all your fans are working continuosly.
And of course spyware and adware are the worlds worst about causing things like this to happen. Download ccleaner and clean your computer.
Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back