Conflict of Network Card with video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I plug in my new Linksys WIreless Adapter (WMP54G), my video card stops working.
How do i fix this cuz its VERY annoying
If i take the card out or put my old ethernet card in it works fine. Its just with the nwe wireless card and video card
PLZZZ help...
I tried takin the cards out and putting them again and the wireless card in different slots...didnt help

Welcome to TechSpot

Please fill in the details of your PC in the "user cp" (button on top left of this screen).
We might then be able to help you further.
What OS are you using?

Originally posted by hamidrizvi
Everytime I plug in my new Linksys WIreless Adapter (WMP54G), my video card starts working.

That's good, isn't it? If the vid card isn't working and then is, no?

Some more details would help us here.

Im nto sure of the specs myself :S cuz its kinda old....
but its a PII with about 320 megs of ram and a 20 gig harddrive...

As for it working, when i put the network adapter in, the video card stops working. When i take the network card out, the video card works again. I need both to work at the same time.

Try that card in another PC.
Opinions on the net about your card are not TOO positive.
Bring it back to the shop and get a different brand, or forget wireless and get the 10/100 standard NIC and a cable. That is much faster (and safer as well!)

Normally, only the PCI-slot next to the AGP-slot may interfere with the video card.
(You do have an AGP-card I take it?)

If yours is a PCI graphics card, try if it lets you change the interrupt.
Try any combination of PCI-slots, one of them is bound to work.

In BIOS setup you can disable assigning an IRQ to VGA. This would eliminate an IRQ conflict. Usually you can assign IRQs manually to devices too.

I'm Thinking IRQ (even those are automatically assigned) or Power...

PSU's being the most overlooked mother of all PC evil. We all know GFX cards soak up the juice.

Giving up on that card, I bought a new one...the D-Link...
Friggin computer wont even recognize it...PCI busmastering was disabled...so i enabled it in the BIOS...tried every PCI slot...no luck..
I still have the linksys card too..if u guys have any idea why that isnt working

Did you disable assigning an IRQ to VGA?

Try disabling some unused peripherals in BIOS like COM and parallel ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back