Confused about fan/cooling on my PC

I recently bought a new computer (already put together by experts), which arrived and I continued to install/get to grips with it. I was very happy and it was completely silent.
Then out of nowhere the second day of owning it, from the moment I turned it on in the morning the fans inside were incredibly noisy, and have not stopped being this noisy since, regardless of rebooting, changing settings as to when they come on or anything.
I know it is not because the CPU has reached a certain temperature, as it is literally as soon as I turn it on, and besides, I can see the temperature is not too hot.
I don't understand why they are suddenly so noisy, and making so much noise, it has baffled me.
I have tried everything I could think of short of opening the case and seeing just what the f*** is going on, and which fan exactly it is - but this is my next step short of any informative insight others can provide.
I am fairly confident I should note that it is not an obstruction with the fan itself, as it is a consistent, unwavering and whirring sound.

Any light that can be shed on this, why is it suddenly making so much noise, and preferably how to fix it, would be greatly appreciated as at the moment it can be heard from other rooms in the house.

Thanks!

Specs:

[FONT=verdana]ZG3-120TL Zaward Golf Ball Fan 120mm[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Corsair 2013 Edition GS 600W Power Supply[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]KFA2 GeForce GTX 660TI EX 2GB Gfx Card[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Gigabye Z77MX-D3H Intel Z77 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Alpenfohn Panorama CPU Cooler[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz Processor[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]120GB SSD[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]2TB HDD[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]16GB RAM[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Lian Li PC-V354B Mini-Tower Case[/FONT]

Well, it depends on what fan is spinning up honestly. Since I'm assuming there is no fan controller, it's probably a bios setting that's changed for whatever reason or something to that extent.

I would check the bios fan settings and see what they are all set to.

Hey, I have gone into the bios options to see what I could do about it, and tried various different settings on all 3 fans, manual, normal, silent and disabled, to no avail as of yet. I have not tried isolating each to find the source of the problem more directly, but intend to tomorrow - presuming the fans actually disable when the setting is selected. I believe it is the alpenfohn however as I can see it through the case grill at start up, correlating to the increased noise.

(edit: I changed the bios settings back to the default - "normal" for all 3 fans after briefly trying different settings this morning)

Tomorrow I will go into the bios settings in much greater depth, I was rushed today but your advice has made me think it is definitely something I should go back and address more thoroughly.

I hope my advice does help you find the issue. My other thing I wanted to mention is try and figure out which fans are the ones being loud, then figure out what port on the board they are hooked into as they will have a port name/number that you can see in the bios. Also check if it the video cards fans as those fans tend to be the loudest fans in any computer (though if those fans are spinning up you might have an issue with the card).

But yea the best way will be to try and figure out which fans are the ones spinning up/loudest then checking the settings on those fans.

I opened up the case today, and turned it on to check it out. I figured out that the fan in question was the case fan above the one on the cpu. A piece of plastic wire was touching the fan grill, and hence vibrating/making loads of noise. So I soon fixed the problem, now it's deathly silent, the way computer gods intended.

Thanks for the help!

Back