Connect to HDD's in one desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, this will sound very complicated cuz i dont know how to organize

I have a CPU and it has a samsung HDD (we'll call it S1)
i wanna join another samsung HDD with it (we'll call it S2)

S1 is not normaly joined like having a grey bass cable and a power cord. It is joined by a skinny red wire which comes from the motherboard to S1. also another cord joins to it and it comes from power supply.
A normal bass cable and a power cord is attached to the DVD drive and the dvd drive has jumper in it.

Now i wanna join S1 and S2. How do i do that? and where should the jumper be placed?

(u can ignore the DVD drive)
i just wanna join S1 and S2.

What do you mean by "join"? That is critical to everyone's understanding.
It appears as if you have SATA drives. Is that right. The red cable would be a SATA cable.
You perhaps need to give us more details off the labels of the hard drives, and also the computer brand and model, or the motherboard brand and model.

yes, one has SATA cable (red cable) but the other is not SATA, it has the normal pins n all

the CPU is intelDUal processor

let me kno if u need more...

I am not sure what you are trying to imply with the term "bass" cable, but from the context I can see you are referring to an IDE drive with an IDE cable (Your DVD drive).

If your secondary hard drive (S2) is an IDE drive, as it seems, then you will have to connect it with an IDE cable to your motherboard. Many newer motherboards will only have a single IDE port - which is fine in your case, as they can handle two devices each.

What you'll need to do is connect your secondary hard drive to the same IDE cable as your DVD drive, as well as jumpering your DVD drive to be a slave and your secondary hard drive to be a master. Both drives will have a diagram somewhere on them that defines what jumper positions are what.

Once you have accomplished that and you've made sure the new drive has a power cable attached as well, try booting the system - if it makes it into your OS, from there you can work on formatting the new disk, or, if it already is formatted, using it.

The only gotcha at the booting point is whether or not your system will try to boot from the IDE drive first. If it does, you'll need to go into BIOS configuration and make sure the system is using the SATA drive as the first HDD to boot from.

You cannot "join" the 2 Sata drives to one port on the Motherboard

I think that's what you wanted to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back