Connected to internet, but unable to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday after updating to AdAware SE my computer stopped accessing the net. I don't know how else to put it really.

Anyway, I am running XP and I am on a network connection from my mom's computer. Her computer has been accessing the internet fine despite it's many problems.

Norton and AdAware have detectd nothing and they are both updated completely.

I am at a loss, this is the 1st thing I haven't been able to fix on my own on my computer. Any help offered would be appreciated immencily.

There is also one other thing I noticed a couple days before this and can't seem to fix either.
My TEMP folder is.... just not there anymore. :suspiciou

To be more specific, my TEMP folder cannot be seen in Windows.
It is there though. It isn't hidden either. Through DOS I can access the folder. I went to empty it through DOS but it wont allow me because access is denied to one file.

Since I am using my Mother's computer right now I'll do get the name of that file which access is denied to and post it if anyone needs the name.

Thanks in advance!

Re:

I dunno maybe format it, or maybe reinstall the drivers. :giddy: :haha:
Did you try uninstalling ad-aware? (Lol I don't think it helps any to get it from a warez site *winks*)
It sounds a little like a trojan.
And I don't belive NAV is the best Anti-virus. (I dunno I just read something like that on a fourm. Lol.)
You might wanna try AVG.
Hope this helps
Thefrtman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back