Connecting Front Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new motherboard and case. The case has front microphone and headphone ports and I have been messing around with the plugs to try and get them working but have had no success. There's 7 plugs on the case and 9 pins on the motherboard (There's 10 spaces but only 9 with pis the other is labled NC) and most of the names are different. I was wondering if anybody could help and tell me where they go. The plugs and pins are:

Motherboard

1. MIC_L
2. GND
3. MIC_R
4. VCC5
5. Line-out_R
6. MIC2_JD
7. Front to Sense
8. NC
9. Line-out_L
10. Line_JD

Case

GROUND
MIC-POWER
MIC IN
R-OUT
L-OUT
R-RET
L-RET

I did a bit of research and found that the solution is probably:

1. MIC IN
2. GROUND
3. MIC-POWER
5. R-OUT
6. R-RET
9. L-OUT
10. L-RET

However this still doesn't work. I posted this up onto another couple of forums where people have suggested another couple of possible combinations. Also someone there told me that I should change my audio to analog. I'm yet to try these things but I was just wondering if anyone here had any other suggestions or can back up that changing it audio to analog may work. I'm also not sure about how to go about changing it. Do I do it through hardware or software?

First off your mobo doesn't support left and right return so they shouldn't be connected at all.

Your case doesn't support a stereo microphone also.

So, for headphone socket, 5 to r-out and 9 to l-out.
Ground to ground obviously.

For the microphone, 6 probably mic power. Mic in either 2 or 3 or both.

The reason that the case L and R return aren't used is because your mobo doesn't support a switched socket where the speakers would be cut off when headphones are inserted.

I'm not %100 sure on the microphone but i am on the headphone side of things.

Hey, thanks for the help. After a lot of messing around I finaly got it working. The final combinaion that worked was:

1. MIC IN
2. GROUND
4. MIC-POWER
5. R-OUT
9. L-OUT

Although that wasn't the main problem as the microphone socket still didn't work with this before. I had to go into my audio options and check the option "Disable front panel jack detection" so that both the front jack ports work.

Just thought I'd post here for future reference.

I got the microphone connections wrong but i was correct about the headphones one then!
Thanx for letting me know how you got on and also for reporting what fixed your problem, others may well see this post and gain info from it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back