Connecting Latitude D630 to external monitor

By kaldrouby
Jun 11, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello ,

i had my Latitude D630 connected to a external monitor through a docking station for the past couple year's and now suddnely it stop working i looked in the website for similar post but non helped me , i try Fn key with f1 all the way to f12 and nothing helped i try extend screen it works but it only extend it to the external and what i need is the mirror image where i can close my lap top and work on the external . so am wondering what is the setting i need to applay because am 100% it's not a hardware issue beacuse it work's for couple minutes and then it goes back to the laptop screen and black out the external .
  2. kaldrouby

kaldrouby Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

23 VIEWS 0 reply ?????
  3. Mardell

Mardell Newcomer, in training

Have you tried to hook up the monitor directly to the Laptop? (no docking)

You said you were 100% sure, but did you check the device manager for any ! problems

If thats all good you could try to flash the bios

and double check your Display advanced driver settings

Here's the link for the bios.

Drivers:
    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...W&l=en&s=bsdv&os=WW1&osl=en&SystemID=LATITUDE D630&catid=-1&impid=-1

when you get to the dell link, put in YOUR service tag!
  4. kaldrouby

kaldrouby Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks mardell i will try and i ll let you know !
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.