Connecting Phillips Flat TV to HP DV1000 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumsterr

Well, i'm using the dvi cable to connect my laptop to the flat tv. The problem i have is everytime i turn on the pc, it shows a blue screen error. I've tried restarting the pc, but the same thing happens every time.

Can anyone help me out?

yea, i have. i think the dvi cable was messed up. its a dynex, but i took it back today.

i actually was able to connect my tv to my laptop via s-video cable. the quality isnt great. but it gets the job done.

quick question tho..

why doesnt it load the windows xp screen on the tv, rather it loads it on the laptop. wit the dvi cable it would load the xp windows screen on both, but this one doesnt. how can i fix that?

Doesn't the TV have a VGA socket, (D-Sub), for an analog monitor input? My flat screen has HDMI, S-Video, and the VGA (the TV calls it a "PC" input but no DVI.

why doesnt it load the windows xp screen on the tv, rather it loads it on the laptop. wit the dvi cable it would load the xp windows screen on both, but this one doesnt. how can i fix that?
I doubt the video card's drivers accept S-Video as a connected monitor, therefore I doubt they'll let you use it as one. IMHO it's best not to use the TV as any part of the Windows desk top. I would save the tricks for a genuine dual monitor rig.

The tv i have calls it DVI-IN and right next to it says "Audio in".

As for the tv not loading the xp screen i guess i'll settle wit it not bein able to.

thanks for the help.

i have a question.....i have a good connection with my laptop and TV i just can't get the laptop screen to be the tv screen, the tv screen is to the right on my laptop how do i get the computer to have them be the same??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back