Connecting to wifi from Toshiba Satellite A505

By DurnIt
Feb 21, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a new Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop, and am trying to connect to wifi, but often can't get connected, and often can't even see my home network on Available Networks. When I do see my network, I am getting an excellent signal, but still can not connect sometimes.
    Router is a Linksys WRT160N. The Toshiba is Windows 7 Home Premium. Any thoughts?
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I know I am having serious issues with my netbook and my wireless network. I can't figure out how to fix it, except to go downstairs and reset my wireless router. My work laptop and others connect just fine, it's only a problem with my netbook.

Have you tried resetting the router and see if it connects right away?

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,290   +281

did you try the Wireless Network Wizard or the Toshiba ConfigFree tool?
  4. genekle

genekle Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

I had that problem even tried resetting reinstalling drivers and nothing helped. Was suggested
    that I goto download.com and install Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter . I did and it works great. You need to down load and install it. once installed click on profile mangement and scan. Then a window will popup and you need to name it.Then actavite it. it should work for you.
  5. DurnIt

DurnIt TechSpot Member Topic Starter

Thanks for the information

I appreciate the responses. To answer them:

I did reset the router, and this time, it seems to have done the trick. I am getting connected immediatly, and do not drop my connection.

I did previously try the Wireless Network Wizard, to no avail, but had not tried the Toshiba ConfigFree site. I will try that if the problem returns.

I have not uploaded drivers yet. If the problem returns, and other fixes do not work, I will use that approach.

Again, thanks for the responses.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.