Connecting wireless modem..

Hey I have a "D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router", Today my ISP provided me with a "Wireless Arris Modem TG852".

I connected the "Wireless Arris Modem TG852" directly to my desktop pc via wired connection.
I would like to connect the "Wireless Arris Modem TG852" to my "D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router" wireless, to connect to my Sony Bravia Ex72.

how do I configure them to be linked?

Based on the TG852 flyer at the manufacturers web site it functions as both a gateway and a router. I do not believe you can connect it to another router but you should be able to connect your game system to the wireless signal of the gateway.

Sol you are correct, however it is not impossible to have both funtioning. Now what you could do, is connect the Arris Modem to your ethernet connection from the wall, and then while your desktop is connected wirelessly to the Arris, connec tthe D-Link router via wired connection to your desktops ethernet port. Then just go into Control Panel, and set your computer to share the internet from the WIFI over the ETHERNET port.

Back