Connection Errors with Online games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright now I am going to be as specific as possible with this problem as there are many issues with what im trying to deal with.

First off, it has to do with my online gaming. I play many assorted games and the ones that I have been having problems with recently are BF 2142 and CS: Source. I also play Eve Online and that doesnt seem to be effected.

So here is my problem. First off, I start up BF 2142 and go to the multiplayer screen to look up servers to join. It populates the list at first so I go to join a server and it loads the map up and as soon as I get into the server, it goes for about 3-5 seconds before a message at the top reads "There is a problem with your connection".

Everything freezes up and I end up disconnecting from the server manually and go to join another server. Now here is the weird part, I go to populate the servers again and NOTHING comes up. I try again and again and still nothing. Well I just noticed tonight that if I happen to wait for like 2-3 minutes and go do something else then the servers will eventually populate again.... weird....

so I go to join another server and the same thing happens again. I have read many forums and tips from EA on how to fix this problem and still nothing works. I set my graphics all the way to low as I figured that it was just an error with too much info being sent and couldnt process or something. NOPE.

So I tried this same thing with CS: Source and yep its the same thing.

Well I tried to log onto EVE and see if it was something wrong with my internet and I could easily play that with no problems. I just log in and play with no connection problems or anything. I can even freely browse the web and no problems.

As of recently, I noticed that while I am on Teamspeak with friends that sometimes they cant hear me when I talk and I know that I have everything for that hooked up right as I talk on it everyday and am fluent in how TS works.

I rebooted the router (which happens to be a netgear wireless router and modem) and it seemed to work fine for a little bit but now its giving me problems again and I dont know where to begin. I have endlessly spammed my computer with anti-virus scans and got everything off that I could find if there was anything. I dont know if its a port problem and if it is, I dont know where to begin.

ANY and I mean ANY advice on how to fix this would be VERY appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back