TechSpot

"Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute

By Hypnosan
Feb 1, 2009
  1. I recently installed Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.5.2 build 5172 on my Vista 64bit (SP1). Upon completing the install I instantly seemed to lose my internet connection, as well as receiving the following message when attempting to open a website in Firefox (IE seems to also suffer from this):

Disabling the firewall will immediately return internet access. After doing a little searching I found this seems to be a somewhat common problem, however I haven't found a fix as most of the places the issue is discussed it's thrown in with users describing the same problem with other antivirus/firewall software. I have disabled the Windows firewall so there's no conflict there. I've walked through the software disabling/enabling most settings individually to test the affect. When the firewall is active I also seem to lose all access to the network: can't access the router, other computers on the network, etc.

I'd really appreciate any help anybody can throw my way.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,348   +622

make sure your firewall is allowing inbound access to port 443

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.