"Connection Interrupted" on my Fav. Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Deaf Boy

Hi, I just joined because it seems people are smart here and could solve my problem.

I cannot get on two websites. One I frequent a lot, the other not so much. (bungie.net and xbox.com). I get this error message immediately when trying to go there.

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

If I do a Google search and even include the words "bungie" or "xbox", I will get this same exact error message...

I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. I use Firefox, but have tried IE7 and Opera to no avail. I did a system restore, nothing. I have Windows Vista.

Note that I have this problem on my wireless only. Once I connect to a ethernet line I can access these sites. I can go on any website on wireless but these two, for whatever reason.

Please, help me :'(

edit: I see people have somewhat similar issues, but I can't even frigging do a Google search (or Yahoo) that has these words. I mean, seriously that is F-d up. It's like a taboo...
I also ran PC-illin and Windows Defender. Nothing came up
Edit!!!= It suddenly worked again out of the blue for like an hour. Now it's not again :(

It has been three weeks and this problem still persists. It worked for like a week than stopped again and has been that way for 2 straight weeks. Its never been this long before. I went to school and got on the website via their wireless, but cannot at home.

What is causing this? :confused:

edit: I have confirmed that using other computers with wireless in my house will indeed work. So the problem MUST be with my computer...
edit2: I was on the websites just now on my wired connection, and I got the error. Now I can't even access those pages at all!!! What is going on?

PS: I'm sorry for bumping. But I'm not smart enough to really post solutions, therefore I can't PM or post visitor messages. I don't wanna spam threads with lame posts just so I can do that...

Edit!!!= It suddenly worked again out of the blue for like an hour. Now it's not again
This could be a hardware issue too
Ethernet cables
Connections
Even interference on wireless networks

Now, for anyone reading, we've come from another thread also trying to get through this

But if it's interference, than why is it only those two websites that I can't access? Nor can I do a search on google, yahoo, ask.com etc. including the words "bungie" or "xbox"?

I am going to link an article I found and copy paste an interesting tidbit. Perhaps this is whats happening, but just to my computer...

Article

The first and bluntest is the “DNS block.” The DNS, or Domain Name System, is in effect the telephone directory of Internet sites. Each time you enter a Web address, or URL—www.yahoo.com, let’s say—the DNS looks up the IP address where the site can be found. IP addresses are numbers separated by dots—for example, TheAtlantic.com’s is 38.118.42.200. If the DNS is instructed to give back no address, or a bad address, the user can’t reach the site in question—as a phone user could not make a call if given a bad number. Typing in the URL for the BBC’s main news site often gets the no-address treatment: if you try news.bbc.co.uk, you may get a “Site not found” message on the screen. For two months in 2002, Google’s Chinese site, Google.cn, got a different kind of bad-address treatment, which shunted users to its main competitor, the dominant Chinese search engine, Baidu. Chinese academics complained that this was hampering their work. The government, which does not have to stand for reelection but still tries not to antagonize important groups needlessly, let Google.cn back online. During politically sensitive times, like last fall’s 17th Communist Party Congress, many foreign sites have been temporarily shut down this way.
and....
The third barrier comes with what Lih calls “URL keyword block.” The numerical Internet address you are trying to reach might not be on the blacklist. But if the words in its URL include forbidden terms, the connection will also be reset. (The Uniform Resource Locator is a site’s address in plain English—say, www.microsoft.com—rather than its all-numeric IP address.) The site FalunGong .com appears to have no active content, but even if it did, Internet users in China would not be able to see it. The forbidden list contains words in English, Chinese, and other languages, and is frequently revised—“like, with the name of the latest town with a coal mine disaster,” as Lih put it. Here the GFW’s programming technique is not a reset command but a “black-hole loop,” in which a request for a page is trapped in a sequence of delaying commands. These are the programming equivalent of the old saw about how to keep an ***** busy: you take a piece of paper and write “Please turn over” on each side. When the Firefox browser detects that it is in this kind of loop, it gives an error message saying: “The server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.”

I dunno what the whole Chinese and communist talk is about. Lol. But it really does seem like those websites and words of mine are just blocked. I've never heard of not being able to conduct a web-search on certain words before...
Does this spark anything?

Try all these

Name Server Check
http://110dnc.lesley.uni.cc/

WinsockFix:
http://files.snapfiles.com/localdl834/WinsockxpFix.exe

IP Resetter (just copy\paste to Notepad. Then save as IP-RST.BAT, then double click on it)

Code:
@ECHO OFF

ECHO Resetting IP Address and Subnet Mask For DHCP
netsh int ip set address name = "Local Area Connection" source = dhcp

ECHO Resetting DNS For DHCP
netsh int ip set dns name = "Local Area Connection" source = dhcp

ECHO Resetting Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) For DHCP
netsh int ip set wins name = "Local Area Connection" source = dhcp

rem ECHO Here are the new settings for %computername%:
rem netsh int ip show config

pause

Restart

Start --> Run--> cmd /c ipconfig /all >Desktop\ipconfig.txt < ok>

And post the ipconfig.txt (on your Desktop) as an attachment
attach.gif
here

I haven't done this yet. Instead, I decided to go all out and do a Dell Factory Image Restore. This just wiped everything out. A 100% clean slate.

And it still doesn't work. In fact, I needed to download LIVE Messenger, and now I'm getting an error for that too. So I can't get messenger back.

WTF...

The power cord. That's it. Some tech guru at Google or something told me I should do a complete restore. So I did, and it didn't work. So I whatever the problem is, it isn't something that gets changed in a restore...

and by the way, I cannot google search the word "messenger". That word gives me the error message.

As for your quote, what kind of hardware issue could possibly be doing this to me? One thing I did notice is that Xbox.com, Bungie.net, and Messenger are all somehow connected to Microsoft. You need a Windows LIVE ID to sign into those websites for your account.

The problem has been resolved!!!

I guess my dad reset the wireless connection, but on our linksys modem, there is this orange button. I dunno what is it, but he pushed it and now it works...

Whatever...

Thanks for your help Kimsland!!!!

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
Although I'm trying to work out what this "orange" button is
I think you just reset the modem :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back