Connection limited when using wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a linkysys cable modem and a netgear wireless modem hooked up to my computer downstairs(Running Xp). Upstairs I have a laptop with wifi(Running Vista).

All day I can have working internet on my downstairs computer unless I go use wifi on my laptop. I go use my laptop for around 10 minutes and then i get "This connection has limited or no connectivity" on both computers. What I do is unplug and then replug the modems, and everything is back to normal until I go use wifi on my laptop again! It's very annoying does anyone know a fix to this problem? Thanks for any help

Also...I would like to add that it seems like everytime one computer watches a video, this problem occurs.

Hi

the problem is what i call flooding or soaking of the router, not sure what the technical term is though, i get this when i have been downloading anything of a large size on a torrent program, i even get it when my son runs Xbox live for a long time.
My answer like you is to reboot the router and the NTL modem,, not good i know..

I never rated Netgear stuff perferring Belkin and Linksys, however thats not the issue, have you tried the tech support for the router to see if there are any known issues or checked to see if there is an update for your router.?

First approach is to be sure you have the latest firmware for the router.

I usually set DO NOT FRAGMENT and a MTU of 1492 on the router.
Also disable LOGGING and/or emailing the router log to conserve router memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back