Connection problem via programs

By Manners
Apr 15, 2007
  1. Hi,

I recently bought a new Vista PC and the Internet works but only for browsing (IE7). If I attempt to run a program that connects to the Internet such as PokerStars, MSN, LimeWire, Azureus, Online games etc it will time out with a connection problem.

At first I thought it was a Firewall problem so I disabled the Windows Firewall but still have had no luck.

I am using an ADSL router (U.S. Robotics) and if I plug the same connection into my old PC these programs work fine.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks Manners

Edit: Moved.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

You might try and go back into the Vista firewall settings and "allow" more programs to access the Internet. I don't run Vista so I really can't be more specific at this time
  3. ChrisBr

ChrisBr TS Rookie

4. Manners

Manners TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your reply.

View attachment 16215

In addition to this I have everything checked and the Firewall status as 'Not Monitored'. Yet still I can't use any programs that connect to the Internet except for Gmail Notifier.
  5. Manners

Manners TS Rookie Topic Starter

Still no luck with this - I've been e-mailing ms and pokerstars support for weeks and I'm not getting anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.