Connection Problem with LAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy_girl

Hello;

I've been on LAN for about 2 years now and everything is going just fine , up until a week ago when the connection started cutting off suddenly! it simply disconnects even though the server is open and everything , but it just keeps sending but no recieveing , but sometimes it connects for about a second like gets me to google and then it goes off again!

Also when I unplug the jack and put it back again after a while it comes back again , but only for a second it could last for a coupla hours but then it eventually disconnects, same thing happens when I disable and enable the connection!

Right now the connection is fine , but it go off any minute now !

I have windows XP and use norton antivirus 2004 , also I have spyware doctor for scanning spams and such!

Actually I called the internet company and they said there's nothing with their connection and that there's definitely something with my computer , but I still don't know what's wrong!

I hope this makes sense , but I really don't know what's going on , I scanned my computer several times with different antiviruses but again no luck!

I'm sorry to be long , but I'm really going crazy!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How is the LAN built? You share your internet connection using a router?

"disconnect" means what? You get the "network cable is unplugged" message? Or you just lose internet connectivity?

No actually the host people of the network have a server and therefore we're all connected to it , that is about 5 people sharing it ! so no I don't have a router!

As for the disconnect thing , I just can't access the internet however as I mentioned before it can only allow me to access for a sec but that happens only when I disable the connection or pull off the plug! if I don't do so the connection remanis idle!

I hope this is more clear!

Well, if someone is sharing an internet connection, then there is bound to be a router somewhere :)

Is anyone else having the same problem? When you get disconnected, can others work normally?

Oh maybe I just don't know that much about it!

Unfortuntely I don;t know anybody on the network! sounds weird but it's the truth!

Well I downloaded an update for the NIC driver and till now it's working fine , hopefully it'll stay that way!

Thank you guys for your help :)

well if it does act up again, i'd suggest a bit of basic troubleshooting: cables, direct connection, bypassing the server/hard firewall etc, drivers and settings and other pcs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back