Considering buying a new video card $200

treetops

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (ddr3)
Video card nvidia 275 gtx
PSU 600 watt
1920x1080 res
pc I e slot x16 (not the super new one)

So yeah I am thinking about getting a better video card for 200$ or less or more, less would be much better. I can sell my old card on ebay for around 70$. How much better would a new card be etc, suggestions? AMAZING deals :)?

Last edited:
Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.

Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.
What kind of boost can I expect from that card?

It looks like that card only has a 7 day warranty damn weak.

What kind of boost can I expect from that card?

It looks like that card only has a 7 day warranty damn weak.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Quote from the Newegg link provided above.
Warranty
none.gif

• Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
  • Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
Return Policies
This item is covered by Newegg.com's VGA Replacement Only Return Policy.
  • Return for refund within: non-refundable
  • Return for replacement within: 30 days

My vpn was making newegg say some wierd stuff due to my supposed location.

I don't care about the 3 game deal is this the best deal out there for 200$?

Return Policies
This item is covered by Newegg.com's International Order Return Policy.

• Return for refund: 7 days
  • Return for replacement within: 7 days
  • Restocking fee: Yes

• ah thats likely because im on a vpn

Last edited:
Well looks like I will be waiting 2 weeks before I grab a card thanks for the suggestion.

Its right now the best Gaming card deal for 200, there is nothing you can get with comparable power off newegg at least unless you go for an open box deal.

It has a 3 year warranty. That's neweggs policy your reading, the manufacturer is a different policy.

Its right now the best Gaming card deal for 200, there is nothing you can get with comparable power off newegg at least unless you go for an open box deal.

It has a 3 year warranty. That's neweggs policy your reading, the manufacturer is a different policy.
Hopefully this deal and my job remains in 2 weeks. Thanks again.

What kind of FPS can I expect from this card when playing Chivalry medieval warfare? On max and new games? How much better is it then my current card? 2x? 3x?

http://www.tornbanner.com/chivalry/

Another thing how would this compare to 2x nvidia 275?

Last edited:
What kind of FPS can I expect from this card when playing Chivalry medieval warfare? On max and new games? How much better is it then my current card? 2x? 3x?

http://www.tornbanner.com/chivalry/

Another thing how would this compare to 2x nvidia 275?
Well its going to be more powerful than those two cards even in perfect scaling scenarios at this point since those are pretty old. I would expect you to to high-ultra on most games with some AA on and keep 60FPS on a 1080p screen. You can overclock it pretty far as well and achieve greater frame rate if needed as well because they are pretty darn good clockers from what ive seen. I would expect the deal to stay because thats just the price they are at now.

Back