TechSpot

Console Memory...

By eddy05
Jan 10, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FACT: The PS2 uses 32mb of Dual-Channel RDRAM.

Does that mean that I can exhange my PS2's memory with my P4's RDRAM? i can change it so that my PS2's memory will become [16|64] and my P4's system become [16|64|64|64]! I pass my P4 to my sister, so I don't care abt her computer's performace cut :D I've become an AMD man just 1 week ago :cool:
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

Most gaming systems use specially produced memory modules that are not the same as what goes in a PC.

if the PS2 used regular Rdram modules you would have heard alot of modding articles about how to up your ram in the PS2 for better performance.
  3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Open it up and see. The memory modules aren't even removable, I'd bet, but hey what do I know...
  4. hdmk

hdmk TS Rookie Posts: 150

there'd be no point adding memory anyway...the console probably wouldn't even use it.
    The only thing worth adding is a *COUGH*-Chip. ;)
  5. eddy05

eddy05 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 223

Geez...

I guess you all are right... I'm just a little afraid about the futureproof-ness of the PS2... and there are already talks about PS3. I hope my S$600 is worth. Oh, and I've already got a *AHEM*-chip :)
  6. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

PS2 also use's 16MB memory cards(and 32). Most games dont support 32MB cards however(you'll find these sorts of things in the manual:"16MB version only".).;)
  7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,305   +265

Default memory card is 8 meg.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.