Console Memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy05

FACT: The PS2 uses 32mb of Dual-Channel RDRAM.

Does that mean that I can exhange my PS2's memory with my P4's RDRAM? i can change it so that my PS2's memory will become [16|64] and my P4's system become [16|64|64|64]! I pass my P4 to my sister, so I don't care abt her computer's performace cut :D I've become an AMD man just 1 week ago :cool:

Most gaming systems use specially produced memory modules that are not the same as what goes in a PC.

if the PS2 used regular Rdram modules you would have heard alot of modding articles about how to up your ram in the PS2 for better performance.

Open it up and see. The memory modules aren't even removable, I'd bet, but hey what do I know...

there'd be no point adding memory anyway...the console probably wouldn't even use it.
The only thing worth adding is a *COUGH*-Chip. ;)

Geez...

I guess you all are right... I'm just a little afraid about the futureproof-ness of the PS2... and there are already talks about PS3. I hope my S$600 is worth. Oh, and I've already got a *AHEM*-chip :)

PS2 also use's 16MB memory cards(and 32). Most games dont support 32MB cards however(you'll find these sorts of things in the manual:"16MB version only".).;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back