Console war heats up as Microsoft reveals Xbox One release date

By Shawn Knight
Sep 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft’s Xbox One will be released on November 22, a full week before Sony’s PlayStation 4 hits retail in most regions. The one exception is in North America where the PlayStation 4 is slated to launch on November 15.

Read more
  2. Am sure the folks at M$oft is holding their breath, hoping this device wont be a train wreck with such last minute tweaks and changes.
  3. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 362   +55

I can certainly appreciate that Microsoft wants to stick with tradition, but I think with Microsoft's missteps (not to mention its higher price) I think it would have been more prudent to release it earlier than Sony just to get a good jump on them.

Regardless, my November is set. My Xbox One is nearly paid off and I'm buying the PS4 at full cost.
  4. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 237   +11

"Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox?s marketing vice president, said the Xbox One is the culmination of many years of listening to Xbox fans"

Yeahh... right... with all those changes made at the last minute...
    McNasty and St1ckM4n like this.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

November 22 is reasonable.
  6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,364   +260

"Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox?s marketing vice president, said the Xbox One is the culmination of many years of listening to Xbox fans,"

This can't be true, no way did Xbox fans ask for a higher price, DRM Riddled, Kinect bound, almost forced Subscription, under-spec'ed machine? No way in hell did they. Either that or when they say "Xbox fans" they really mean "ourselves".
    dennis777 and St1ckM4n like this.
  7. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TechSpot Booster Posts: 336   +114

Yeah, just like Windows 8 was the culmination of many years of listening to Windows fans. That guy should be a car salesman. He's full of bologna.
  8. ""Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox?s marketing vice president, said the Xbox One is the culmination of many years of listening to Xbox fans"

Microsoft only cared about their bottom line, that's why the company did a 180 and removed those features for their new console. People should know that through patches, Microsoft can enable them again because the hardware already supports it.
    McNasty likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.