Constant Blue Screen - Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, new guy here. Came here in the hopes of getting some help form the wonderful community =D

So this morning when I started my computer up it went straight to a blue screen.
In the blue-screen I get the message that there's 'Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area'.

Edit: So I wanted to uploaded the crash image, but I cant (forum wont let me). But basically there's also a 'Klim6.sys' mentioned which ,through Google, I deduced is Kaspersky. Now since I can only run safe-mode, I cant uninstall it. Its not on auto run or anything.

I'm not really sure where to go from here =(

Now iv looked through previous posts regarding this issue, and it seems that with the correct minidumps and event logs the problem can be identified. I don't know how to check them so I was hoping some one could help me out with that.

I can go in safe-mode just fine, and I checked for viruses and the like (Using Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and Spybot) and nothing was found.
I installed nothing over the past week (hardware or software) and changed nothing major. When I go in safe-mode with networking the PC crashes to the same blue-screen.
I tried changing the RAM places, to no avail.
Made sure the PC wasn't overheating (I'm not OC'ing anything)
Cleared cash, cookies and all kinds of stuff that might be messing with the pc (CCleaner and Spybot).

So I uploaded the error files created from the blue-screens that I found in the event viewer and the minidumbs. Hope I did the stuff right, if not do tell me so I can fix it.

Any and all help I can get is extremely appreciated.

PS: I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Attachments

• Error Compilation.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 4
Its an 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error citing.

This usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service. Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

In your case, wanarp.sys (MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver) is being cited specifically as cause of the crash.

The file may have been damaged/corrupted, to check this please got Start, Programs, Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, then select run as administrator.

Type sfc /scannow and press enter.

You may need to have your OS CD (vista) in this case, placed in DVD drive.

Fixed!

Hey, thx allot for all the help guys. Really appreciate it.

So I managed to fix the problem. Not really sure what did it, but here is what I went through.

Ran 'memtest86', and found nothing wrong.
Then ran 'chkdsk c: /f' and some things couldn't be checked so a scan was scheduled for next reboot, but since it crashes to a BSOD it doesn't run it.

Ran 'sfc /scannow' in the command prompt and there where some files that couldn't be repaired. Checking the log I found that it was 'Windows Power Shell' ones.

Got the 'ATK0110 driver' utility for my mobo, but couldn't install it (or maybe I did, not sure. When I run the setup a small black window flashes and nothing else happens.)

Uninstalled Kaspersky without any problems using the tool mentioned (thx for that). Following that I restarted my PC and it turned on fine, no more BSOD. Not really sure what did the trick, but problem solved I guess.

If any one could tell me about the 'Windows Power Shell' errors that would be cool. Not sure if I should download it and re-install it.

Thx again!

If you don't use it for scripting as such, you don't need it, so it would be good idea to uninstall it.

Also create a restore point, just in case it may come handy at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back