Constant blue screening and rebooting

Hello! =)
Basically i have a slight problem with my windows xp laptop, about 4 years old. It started yesterday when it went into blue screen, i thought nothing of it, but it constantly kept rebooting going to welcome screen then blue screening, however the only problem is that the blue screen flashes up, meaning that it is too hard to see the codes. I was wondering how i can fix this, as when it sometimes successfully lets me on, the windows error message appears asking you to report it, when i report it, it opens a new message stating "Unfortunately, the error report you submitted is corrupted and can't be analyzed. Corrupted error reports are rare. They can be caused by hardware or software problems, and usually indicate a serious problem with your computer."
Hopefully this can be resolved and thanks! =)

First I would try running the PC with one memory stick at a time, and then swap the sticks if no improvement.

If you can get it to boot up and have the time before it crashes do this so you can read the error code.

Click the Start button, right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Under System Failure, uncheck the "Automatically restart" check box.

This will give you the oportunity to take a note of the error information.

Again if you can get it running try to post the minidump file, even if corrupted it might revel something.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it. Normally found in C:\Windows\minidump

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

slightly confused with the last bit!!! =) how do i get to mini dump, how do i find out if its corrupted and how would i fix it? thanks! =D I got it working again, but i want to see whats wrong! thanks again

Minidumps are stored in C:\Windows\minidump as per the guide above, unless somebody has switched it off or changed the default place to store them. You need to check this by going to Control Panel > System > Advanced tab, and check it is set to save a small dump file and make a note of the location.

If the minidump is corrupted then it is unlikely anyone can read it or repair it.

If you find the dump file then attach it to a post here and I can analyse it.

ummmm, its a whole file called minidump with lots of different programmes.... but i dont know how to upload them all at once...... =D tell me if im wrong. im really sorry about htis!

You can zip then up into one file but be sure it does not exceed 200Kb or you will not be able to attach it. The dump files will all end with .dmp.

If you have a problem with it just start by attaching the last file, the date is in the number on the file.

its a whole file called minidump with lots of different programmes

Not sure what you mean by this the minidump folder should just contain log files not programmes, are you sure you are looking in the right place.

Here it is! ill do it in 3 parts! =) Sorry about all of this! I thinks that it...

Attachments

• Minidump 1.zip
    154.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump 2.zip
    139.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump 3.zip
    159.9 KB · Views: 1
You have a suspicious file 897741789.exe. I examined the five most recent dumps from yesterday and they are all the same. Run these two virus scanners, update them before doing a full system scan. If they do not find anything go to the Malware and Virus forum and open a new thread explaining that this file is causing BSOD's.

http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

You must also switch on Automatic Updates and get your system up to SP3. SP2 is no longer supported by microsoft and leaves your system wide open to attack.

Thank you very much! =) Will the suspicious file be removed? and how would i open a new thread explaining that this file is causing BSOD's? By switching to automatic updates, is that the quickest way to update to service pack 3, or is there something i can download? Thank again!

Run the virus scanners from the links above and see what they find, if neither of them locate that file you will need help from the experts, just start a new thread in the Malware forum the same as you did here and follow the instructions.

Turning on Automatic Updates will download everything you need and will get your protection up to date.

Back