Constant BSODs in Win7, error c4,

Hi guys, faced some drivers issue (suspected video driver; or it could be fault ram instead as recently I've encountered many memory leaks/bsods due to OUT_OF_MEMORY).. hope to get some expert's help here..

Recently I've updated my ATI Catalyst Drivers for my laptop (Inspiron 1545). It was fine after I installed it, and the next day I shutted down my laptop. Eversince then, whenever I tries to boot into the windows, it'll encounter BSOD once I logged in when the drivers are loading (So I assumed ATI Drivers' the one that causing it..), and the BSOD error codes are:

0x000000c4 (0x00000083, 0x09ec00, 0x00001400, 0x0000009f).

Some googling leads to the result of "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)"

Tried to boot into Safe Mode/SM + Networking. No problems whatsoever. Proceeded with uninstall the ATI Drivers, rebooted into Normal Mode.
Problem still occurs. Wanted to fully uninstall ATI Catalyst but however, Windows does not permit me to do that.

Can any sifu's here provide me some directions / guidance?

The last thing I would do is reformatting.. too time consuming to backup + format + reinstall bunch of s/w's..

Thanks!

EDIT 19/6/2011 @ 1106: Will try to get a copy of minidump and attach it here

EDIT 19/6/2011 @ 1200: Error is temporary gone after disabling,uninstalling drivers, with windows automatically installing their drivers (Window's) for my ATI Card. However, after rebooting again, the problem occured again. I'm suspecting it's really the video drivers / the card itself is causing the problem.

Meanwhile, minidump attached if any experts here could look into it...

Thanks!

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 2
No.. actually I download them from AMD/ATI's driver website..
I thought it's fine as long as the card series matches? @@"

I would suggest you to completely uninstall your ATI drivers after booting into safe mode, then run Driver sweeper, and clean out any remaining display driver files. Once you have done this, you may re-try installation of ATI drivers by downloading latest WHQL drivers for your graphic card.

Also all of your dumps points at classpnp.sys (i.e. Ms SCSI class system file), it could be that there may be some issues with your hard drive. I'd suggest you to run chkdsk /r (you'll need to open Command Prompt with Admin Privileges).

No.. actually I download them from AMD/ATI's driver website..
I thought it's fine as long as the card series matches? @@"

You have a Dell laptop, you must use the latest mobile video drivers from the Dell support website for your laptop model!

It could work as I too have an Mobility Radeon HD on this notebook and usually I update its driver from whatever latest WHQL driver from AMD. But just to be on the safer side I think Tmagic's suggestion is very appropriate.

Edit: I was having a look at your dumps so I didn't saw your last post to which T replied.

Alright guys! I'll try to download and install drivers for my Dell's laptop model.

Thanks for your help & suggestions! Hopefully it'll be solved.. else I think I have no way other than formatting... :(

Okay, good...
I always use laptop manufacture's divers for laptops, no matter what. I have had limited success using generic drivers from other sources

Back