TechSpot

Constant BSODs

By fatusi
Jul 13, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

i need some help. i built a new config 2 weeks ago, and from then i am getting blue screen almost all the time.
    sometimes it works fine for a half day, but after 8-10 hours of not using it BSODs keep coming
    checkdisk showed no errors.
    when i tried to test my RAMs dually with memtest, it crashed after a few seconds, but individually both rams look fine.

i attached some of the minidumps. and can attach more if needed

Could anybody please help me? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,142   +31

When running memtest how many Passes per stick?

Did you use a registry cleaner at any time?

Was the system infected recently?
  3. fatusi

fatusi TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the answer

i never used registry cleaner. should i?

no infections

unfortunately i could run the memtest only for 10 mins each, so i think this result may not be proper enough... i will try to run it fr a longer time
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,142   +31

It appears at least at this point that memory is your issue, but nothing has been definitively determined as the cause.

The minimum on RAM is 7 Passes with memtest.

It would also pay you to run ChkDsk and a harddrive diagnostics after memtst has been run.

And NO on a registry cleaner. We have found they cause more problems than anything else. My question was to gain information.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.