Constant crashes, Minidumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLokix

ive got a pc that i built for someone , just trying to see whats causing the crash , im suspecting that its the processor because the mobo has a constant vcore voltage of 1.5v and the athlon x2 6000 3.1g calls for about 1.3v and ive read many problems with this same mobo and processor having problems. Let me know if its a hardware issue with the processor or if there is some driver problem please , many thanks in advance =)

OK I'll bite!

Lets check a couple of things?

Has it worked normally at all?
If so how long?

Will it boot to Safe Mode and is it stable there?

Mike

EDIT: What OS?

No no no , It works just fine it just crashes once or twice a day since windows was installed , even re-installed windows , so just need someone to check out the minidumps and ruile out any driver issues before i swap out the CPU

hehe im a pretty good tech , its nothing to do with malware or anything , been crashing daily since build and since windows was installed. just need to know if minidumps are referencing any drivers, if not im almost 95% certain its an issue with the processor ,

Show me, let's cover that other 5%!

You may just be surprised!

Mike

EDIT: as I said the logs will give me some insight into the system! But also clear the Event logs so they will be clean and check them on the next crash and let me know the error!

Lol like i said its been crashing daily , even before it was put online, i've reformatted and its still reproducing the same crash.. its not malware , the minidumps of the crash are attached to my original post , i just need the help of someone that can read them to verify that they are not referencing any software or driver. If you could do that for me i would appreciate it very much =)

here is the error code of the crash , same one every time.
Which is also listed on the minidumps that i attached.

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 aff409f6, parameter3 aa756b8c, parameter4 00000000.

im trying to cover that other 5% but your not reading the minidumps =/ Spyware , malware , nor virus is the problem.

Ok if you don't have Malware, and I still want to see the logs, then I may have found the issue in your dmp. But you are not going to like it!

Humor me and uninstall Norton. You said you were experienced so do the normal uninstall and then use the Norton removal tool. Then search the disk for Norton*.* and Symant*.* and delete all.

Then using Regseeker search for Norton then for Symantec.

See this Link Q5 remove Norton, use in addition to above! [https://www.techspot.com/vb/post742832-6.html

Mike

Sounds good , thanks much for the help. Ill uninstall norton then use regedit search feature to f3 through the reg and delete all the symantec and norton keys =)

ill just install AVG . I'll see if that fixxes the issue. If not ill swap the CPU out , i actually had to uninstall the amd cool n quiet driver and install rightmark CPU clock utility to manually lower the vcore to 1.3v being as this motherboard even with the current bios update doesnt allow any adjustment to the system voltages. There was a big issue with amd drivers throttling down the cpu which resulted in horrible lag spikes every 10 seconds . I ordered the m2n-mx motherboard and an x2 5600 from smksuperstore and they sent an x2 6000 instead which happened to be the only CPU not supported by that motherboard lol.

No don't shortcut do all my steps after a normal uninstall of norton!

Regedit will work, but the slow way because you are going to hit the F3 key a few hundred times even after doing all the procedures in my last post!

Regseeker will find them all and allow to select all and remove at once.

Just do the other steps first!

Mike

No I would use Avira, or Comodo Internet security! Avg not so good anymore!

But not so fast!

Don't install anything else until you confirm Removing Norton fixes the issue.

Mike

nonono lol i wasnt going to skip the removal tool or removing registry keys , but i actually think i uncovered the problem . When i used regseeker or whatnot searching for symantec it recreated the crash , and i narrowed it down to local machine in the registry , can search all the other directories with no problem about 45% into the search on local machine it will bluescreen every time.

AVG also works great for me lol , im probably on the web doing web and graphic design 10 hours a day , running on the same installation ive had for over a year , infection and problem free..

Yeah you discovered it alright! It is a Norton/Symantec entry called Symevnt!

It can be a real problem to remove.

Make sure you save a Restore point before continuing!

Also since SR never seems to work when you really need it get Erunt .

ERUNT
Add a redundent Reg backup, get and install ERUNT let it add itself to startup and do a backup on install check all boxes.

ERUNT http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
Yes! Even if you use system restore and other backups Registry and Images.

OK do you have other issues with this computer?

Do this...

Autoruns cleanup

Make sure hidden files and folders are shown. Open Windows Explorer click Tools or View and then Folder Options-View.

Choose Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files and click OK.

Download install and run AutoRuns http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Run it let it scan, then when it says ready at bottom left corner, make sure the EVERYTHING Tab is selected and then click File at top and then Find.

Type in the find box file not found and hit enter and delete all lines that have File not found.

When you reach the bottom the go back to top and click the first entry under The Everything Tab (to begin the search from that point) and search again in case any were missed.

Then repeat the same process with the following 3 items!
norton, symantec, and symevent. Remove them!

After the file not found search scroll back to the top and highlight the very first entry so you are searching from the top and click Find and search for anything you want, if needed.

Then look carefully through all the Everything entries and delete anything that you may have had but uninstalled and thought were gone. If you are sure delete these also.

Reboot and recheck with AutoRuns!

D/L and extract RPM
http://www.adrive.com/public/ca3d9b8053c29d5c86715faad6c76177177f393045b37431464a2fc9213275c1.html
Run RPM.bat.

Next boot to Safe Mode and do a RegSeeker general clean. If that succeeds then
do a RegSeeker search for the norton, symantec and symevnt.

This should do it!

Get back with results.

Mike

Confirm you did all in the last post # 19.

Also did you clear the Event logs and was there an event about this?

I have seen symevent do this!

Do you have recovery console installed?

If not, do this and when ComboFix asks to install Recovery console let it do so. Also I want to see the ComboFix log!

Download ComboFix

Get it here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html
Or here: http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

Double click combofix.exe follow the prompts.

Install Recovery Console if connected to the Internet!

When finished, it will open a log.

Note: Do not click combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

Also go here: TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Get me a HJT log!

Mike

The dmp points to win32k.sys and could be anything!

Well if you did post #19 tell me about it did you find remaining norton items with Autoruns?

And please do the steps and post the logs from my last post #21!

mike

ahh .. Well im still suspecting cpu then , been getting the same blue screens since it was built , even reformatted and still getting them so im going to swap out the cpus and if that doesnt work ill try all those steps you mentioned. And yes norton is gone by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back