Constant error (BSOD): PC turns on, off and then on automatically

anggarafayumi

I've got this problem for a this whole month

once I turn on my notebook (win vista sp1 86), it show motherboard screen. but, after that it turn off immediately. after that, it turn on automatically and showed "launch repair" and "start normal". I did repair but it didn't help.

it constantly happen until now.

I attach 2 files from very first 29-jan and recent 26-feb.

thanks for advices.

Attachments

• Mini012912-01.dmp
    128.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini022612-02.dmp
    135.6 KB · Views: 2
ok, thanks.

i'll do a complete disk check right after this and memtest.

one main problem is : it is a laptop and i will find it difficult to take apart the hard drive.

" it is a laptop and i will find it difficult to take apart the hard drive"...

You don't have to touch the hard drive, you use software to test it :rolleyes:

i did diskcheck, where can i find the result?

i finded out that my first boot was from cd/dvd hardware. is it the problem?

"i found out that my first boot was from cd/dvd hardware. is it the problem?"...
No, as long as you don't hit a key when you see "hit any key to boot from the CD"

Did you run CheckDisk so that it would fix any errors like the directions said? If you did, you don't need to find the result

English is not your first language is it?

Are you still getting BSOD's? Do you have any more minidumps? 0x0000009c means nothing by itself

I'm indonesian

once, I had problem with harddisk and I changed to a new one. but, the harddisk problem made my laptop did not turn on. so, I think it's totally different right now.

Attachments

• Mini022812-01.dmp
    128.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini013012-01.dmp
    128.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini021612-01.dmp
    128.1 KB · Views: 2
We still need you to run memtest86 for at least 7 passes. The instructions are in the link I posted a day ago. Did you install a new hard drive finally?

Still looks like a hard drive problem. Do this again:
Run a complete disk check. Click start/run and type chkdsk /f /r and press the enter key. Follow the onscreen prompts and reboot your computer. Windows will check your hard drive for problems. Depending on the size of your hard drive, this can take quite some time...

Watch the screen for a while. If you see files being changed or deleted, tell us, but let it finish

You may have a virus or other type of malware infection... SPDT.sys is still associated with Daemon Tools

I scanned my laptop last night with new-installed avast and found trojans in folder 'temp'.

while turned on my laptop just a moment ago, I still had blue screen.

what action to do with sptd.sys ?

here are bs image and minidump.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini030512-01.dmp
    128.1 KB · Views: 1
Your latest BSOD is different as the blue screen showed. What is the laptops make and model? Is Windows fully updated using Windows Update?

toshiba l510 - 2gb ram ddr3 - core2duo t6600 - purchased october 2009.

i update only for important, like security update and 'kb....' . i do not update for office 2003, silverlight, office 2007 sp2, etc.

"i do not update for office 2003, silverlight, office 2007 sp2, etc"...
Why not, don't you use Office. If silverlight will install, install it

i have pre-installed office 2007 sp1 and i think there is no need updating it to office 2007 sp2. And why should i update for office 2003?

You should remove Office 2003, and just keep current with the Windows Updates including the optional updates. Do this for Office 2007 if you use it

Back