Constant long, loud beeps?

I get constant long (about 8 seconds) loud beeping noise one out of 2 times i turn on my comp.. and i would be really thankful if someone would point me in the right direction.. one out of 2 times i turn on my comp.. it starts beeping.. after i restart it a couple of times, windows starts up and works normally without any problem.I checked the Complete Bios BEEP guide but i didnt really find anything for my situation.. I have a custom built comp.. XFX nForce 790i ultra sli motherboard with Core2Duo Processor (3.16ghz), 6 gb of ram, (3x 2gb, there r 4 slots for ram.. so 3 out of 4 are filled) , 750w power supply, GTX470 vid card..

When did this problem start? had you changed anything before it started to happen? What is the age of the system?

Check all external and internal connections, remove all cards including the Memory and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser (up and down the contacts not from side to side) and reseat the cards. Test.

You could also try a start up with just one memory stick installed, then swap so you test with one stick at a time. Also try with just one memory stick per channel.

What is the make of your bios? you will see the name at the top of the screen during post. Please also state your OS.

read the bios beep guide.

serges16 hasn't replied to this thread since he posted it in April. He did say "I checked the Complete Bios BEEP Guide but i didnt really find anything for my situation"...
So I think your advice was already followed, don't you? He probably solved by now :)

Back