TechSpot

Constant varying BSODs after upgrade (8E, 7F, 24)

By nirvdamag3d
Dec 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. After a graphics card crash, I recently replaced it with a MSI Geforce GTX 550Ti. I was having tons of blue screen issues prior to the graphics card replacement, but had chalked it up to having issues with that. I have run Memtest overnight without issues, as well as various disk integrity checks, tried reseating memory and cables, updating all my drivers, and I still can't find a clue as to what is causing my problems. When I used verifier.exe, I was able to replicate several bluescreens caused by AODDriver.sys, which is the driver for AMD's OverDrive program, and after uninstalling that, it was one less contributing bluescreen, but I am still having crashes from hidusb.sys, and a number of other various bluescreens. Heat doesn't seem to be a contributing factor, and the info on CPU-Z says the voltage from my power supplies on the rail is a little high, but I don't know if that would be a problem. (Less than one volt above normal on the 6 and 12 rails, the 3.3v is running correctly at 3.3) I read somewhere recently that a 5-6% deviation is fine, but as its slightly higher than that, i don't know if it could be a contributing factor. Heat doesn't seem to be a problem, as the system has consistently crashed on me while I was monitoring temps in the 30-40 degrees celsius range. I really need to figure out what the issue is with my PC before I pull my hair out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. System specs are as follows, and I will be linking my minidumps. If you need any further information I will be checking this thread constantly. Thanks in advance!!!

650 Watt Modular PSU
    Asus M4A77D Motherboard
    AMD Athlon X2 6400+ CPU
    Kingston HyperX T1 Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (Running at DDR2 800)
    MSI Geforce GTX 550Ti
    WD Raptor 10k RPM HDD
    Windows 7 Ultimate

I have also started getting Error Code 50, which is win32k.sys. This is a fresh install, I formatted after I started having tons of issues with blue screens caused by win32k.sys and ntfs.sys thinking that it could be a corrupt windows installation to no avail,

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,067   +169

This really looks like a memory issue with voltage and or timings off a bit. The mini dumps are not consistent. This could point to a incorrect bios setting or over-clocking instability

3. nirvdamag3d

nirvdamag3d TS Rookie Topic Starter

How would I go about fixing this? I just ran memtest for 12 hours last night with no errors, and have set my memory timings to auto, which is the setup default.

I also have not overclocked this system.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,067   +169

Try checking the hard drive for errors. Go to Computer, right-click on the C drive, select Properties, Tools, check now and set to repair and check on the next start up

5. nirvdamag3d

nirvdamag3d TS Rookie Topic Starter

I've tried that as well unfortunately... I really do not know where to go from here. I just tried updating my bios to the newest version...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.