TechSpot

Constantly repeating BSOD on Windows 7 x64

By nikson2
Mar 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello!

I've installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit about a month ago and i am getting BSOD for all the time now.

At first it was "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" error, but after updating hundreds of drivers i stopped this one.
    Now i got "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" bsod error. It appears when my desktop is loading. My computer is keep restarting but never launches.

Currently, i am solving this problem with shutting down, using "shutdown button" and trying to launch again. It usually starts working in 3rd or 4th attempt... When it does, i must NOT shut down my computer or else, problem will appear again. I put it to sleep instead.

SPECS:
    CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quad-core
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus M5A87
    GRAPHICS: Asus HD 6770
    Ram: Geil 2x2 DDR3

I am attaching my minidump files and i hope you could understand me. I am bad at explaining and so is bad my english.

Best regards and thank you!

NiKsoN(Nik Ogrin)

2. nikson2

nikson2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Attachment

I forgot attachments.. here they are.

Attached Files:

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

"I've installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit about a month ago"...

Was Windows 7 installed over another version of Windows?

4. Kraezy

Kraezy TS Rookie

I'm having the exact same problem, I kind of just ignored it at first but now it's gotten pretty much constant, mine doesn't just happen playing Warcraft tho, I do play it, but it crashes playing other games or in photoshop or browsing the web. So I'm trying to figure out the problem.

Literally as I'm posting this I had a botd with the same less than error message, restarted my machine and got:

BOOTMGR image is corrupt, system cannot boot.

One of my friends suggested it could be a corrupted HD, and after just getting that message I'm starting to agree with him.

But I'm no tech, so that's why I've come here for help haha.

5. nikson2

Thanks for responding!

No, i got new computer and I installed it for the first time. Anyway, i reinstalled it 2 times in the first week because i thought this would solve crashing but it didn't.

6. nikson2

Help

I hope this post is not forgotten...
    Please help me. Today i got the other BSOD while computer was running perfectly for 20 minutes. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error...

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234