Consumer tech generated $144 billion in 2011, Apple was the top brand

By Matthew
Feb 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Consumer electronics sales fell half a percent in 2011, generating $144 billion, NPD reports. Computers, televisions, tablets/e-readers, mobile phones and video game hardware commanded nearly 60% of those sales. Notebooks…

Read the whole story
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,092

Hats off to Apple... I just read that based on market capitalization, they're bigger than Microsoft and Google combined.

I hope Apple doesn't get the Samsung nexus banned in the US though... I really don't want only 1 decent phone to choose from next time I'm looking to upgrade.
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

Only reason Apple is always ahead is every time someone reveals a new device or software Apple cries about it; then sues the crap out of them like a whiny spoiled brat. They are the biggest cry baby in technology and feel like everything is theirs. Yup, they sure have a lot of patents and copyrighted materials but if there is something even slightly or remotely similar they'll sue.
  4. iMac is essentially a really cumbersome laptop. Why have a desktop if not for expandability? All-in-one is called a laptop.