Continous Problems, Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev32

Hi,

Hopefully someone will take the time to help me with my problem (I've already started 2 threads about this which drifted off into nothingness). Been getting continous errors for the past 3 months, I've formatted 5 times, installed every latest driver possible for my computer but to no avail. So I'm sitting here on my 5th formatted setup slowly but surely dying away as I attempt day after day to fix the situation. I have an Abit KV7 mobo (updated/flashed), an AMD AThlon XP 3200, 2X 512mb PC3200 Infineon RAM, Radeon 9800Pro 128mb (updated cat drivers), A Maxtor 133/7200rpm 80gb HDD with a clean copy of Windows XP Home installed. This has got to be a hardware error and I would really like it if someone were to tell me what part is causing the problem so I can take it out, smash it, throw it in the pool and then flush it down the toilet. :mad: This PC is literally my life, i have about 130 games along with 5 I have yet to complete and 3 which I enjoy playing online.

So this is the error : Whilst playing games EVERYONE of them crashes at some point (some take 5 hours others take 3 minutres) due to a 0xc0000005 error saying that ''the memory referenced at xxxxxxxx could not be read''. I have managed to put a lid on some of the BSOD's thanks to cpc earlier last month (caused by Zone Alarm) but now I have a constant very infrequent BSOD that pops up at least once a day about a bugcheck with parameters : 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf837815, 0xf6dbca68, 0x00000000) the 3rd paramter is usually different but every other paramater is the same ALWAYS! Until I rolled back my cat drivers from 5.7 to 5.5 it blamed ati2dvag.dll as the driver, now it blames win32k.sys and AVG7core.dll {EDIT}Just crashed again with ati2dvag.dll :unch: . Just like it did when this whole bloody mess started. These errors are completely random. I could be blowing away combine troops (half life 2) with full graphics and have no problems for 5 hours. Then I'll switch to Warcraft 3 and have a crash within 3 minutes and watch it ctd followed by a bugcheck at the same parameters as usual.

I built this system in December (very carefully, bent one of the CPU prongs but corrected it very easily with help from a pro) and had one reboot whilst playing Half Life 2 but then no errors from Dec to June. Then random restarts, game crashes, the works. I have tried every diagnostic available, burnintest, memtest, maxtor diagnostic. But found no problems. The only incy bincy inconsistency I found was that the RAS ~ CAS clock and the RAS precharge on one of my sticks of RAM is 4 whilst on the other it is 3. CAS LAtency is the same (2.5) as is TRAS (8). I point out the RAM due to the error message I get 0xc0000005(MEMORY ACCESS VIOLATION). I'll attach all the minidumps I have received but I can't really make anymore, these things happen the majority of the time when I'm doing nothing opposed to when I'm really heating up the CPU with loads of processes!

Thanks very much,
Kev32

P.S Don't allow me to turn into an XBOX junkie :(

Thanks denman, Will try and do that, I've got one stick of 512mb PC2700 memory in my other PC which I'll give a try for the second time. Problem is these errors are so infrequent it's so difficult to pin point them! I'll attempt to replace the memory now and then go play Sims 2 which is the most common crasher (usually crashes about after 7 minutes). But please can people still give me some more help especially if you know what my minidumps mean!

Well I had similar problems like you on my laptop for months...I eventually discovered it was the memory. None of the tests on the memory found anything problems. So I discounted the memory.

Months later, I physically removed the memory and presto. I only wish I had tried in way sooner.

If nothing else, it will 100% elminate the memory for you. I know your problem is SOOOO frustrating!!

Here is my thread if you want to read through it...
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic23176.html

Hi Denman,

It is a terrible problem. I have never had errors myself until I built my own PC. I have replaced the RAM now. Very, very weird as XP loaded up just as fast as when I had my own 2 sticks of 512mb RAM Pc3200 and this is only 1 512mb PC2700. I'm thinking that their may be conflicts between the two sticks of RAM due to the different clocks. I have no idea what RAS or CAS is but when I see that one stick of RAM has a total clock of 4 whilst the other only 3 I do get a bit suspicous. I'm about to play Sims 2. Be back later. If anyone could read those minidumps I'd be very grateful as well.

Managed to play Sims 2 for longer this time with no crashes. Warcraft 3 hasn't crashed with the 0xc0000005 exception. However I do believe that this is just my PC toying with me and the errors may come back at any time....will need to play longer....Sorry to be so persistent but I'd really like it if someone were to read those minidumps to see if it was due to faulty RAM.

{EDIT} Played a bit more WC3 with no probs :D If the RAM is the problem what could be wrong with it? Perhaps the clock differences really are a problem or maybe they just exploded one night :stickout: Anyway how could I go about getting some replacement RAM? I'm pretty sure the place I got my RAM will say ''NO'' can I email and return them back to Infineon for replacements?

The ram I had, came with a life warranty from Crucial.com. You would need to check with company you bought from.

Another test you could try is to use 1 at a time. I tested my ram for over a week just to be sure.

Please Read Minidumps

Ok...So I had no problems with the replacement RAM that I pu in (thoroughly tested it via gaming :cool: ) Then I put in one of the other sticks of RAM and blam, first match on Warcraft 3 I crashed with 0xc0000005 error. The place I got my RAM from have agreed for me to return the 2 sticks of RAM for them to put through testing and verify problems and if they find none they will send the RAM back. So I'd really aprreciate it if someone please READ MY MINIDUMPS at the top of the page so I have a better idea of whats up!

Your system crash has multiple culprit. Zone Alarm is the first culprit. The second culprit is bad RAM.

Mini080905-01.dmp 8E (c0000005, bf9e366a, b7f8b044, 00000000) ati2dvag+0x1066a
Mini080905-02.dmp 8E (c0000005, bf9dfa0b, b2a20378, 00000000) ati2dvag+ca0b
Mini081105-01.dmp 8E (c0000005, bf837815, f6dbca68, 00000000) win32k!HMUnlockObjectInternal+1c

cpc2004 said:
Your system crash has multiple culprit. Zone Alarm is the first culprit. The second culprit is bad RAM.

Mini080905-01.dmp 8E (c0000005, bf9e366a, b7f8b044, 00000000) ati2dvag+0x1066a
Mini080905-02.dmp 8E (c0000005, bf9dfa0b, b2a20378, 00000000) ati2dvag+ca0b
Mini081105-01.dmp 8E (c0000005, bf837815, f6dbca68, 00000000) win32k!HMUnlockObjectInternal+1c

Thanks cpc :)!..hmmmmm It must be Bad RAM then as I never installed Zone Alarm on this newly setup OS. So I guess it safe enough to send the RAM back to where I bought it from for an exchange. Thanks again cpc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back