Continue using WhatsApp or not?

Netfox

I think all of us already know about the latest WhatsApp privacy policy changes. And I'm sure that many already refused from that app. But what should we choose?

Signal so much promoted by Elon Mask faces troubles getting so many new users. Telegram can be deleted from Apple Store for its numerous channels they don't ban. Moreover, both of these messengers require a phone number during the registration, which is not safe also.

I've seen a Utopia p2p alternative https://utopia-ecosystem.com/ but it's not very wide known and I'm not sure whether it's worth trying and trusting.

So the question is what to choose instead of WhatsApp in order to stay safe and secured?

These P2P messengers have cropped up for a while now, and I tried my hardest to get friends to use them, to no avail. Signal, such as it is, is the most successful I've been in getting people to give a damn about the privacy of their messaging. : /

These P2P messengers have cropped up for a while now, and I tried my hardest to get friends to use them, to no avail. Signal, such as it is, is the most successful I've been in getting people to give a damn about the privacy of their messaging. : /
But Signal requires a phone number also. Are you sure it won't use it or pass it to 3rd parties if needed? I don't believe in such things in 2021. But you're right that sometimes it's quite hard to take your friends to a new app.

Well im worried about the new whatsapp policies, but it has become a big part of my online communications, I dont have an idea how I'd do without whatsapp.

Well im worried about the new whatsapp policies, but it has become a big part of my online communications, I dont have an idea how I'd do without whatsapp.
Me too , am very worried but is too important for my job, so I cant stop using wp. Every day I am trying to transfer my clients to "signal", seems succesfull.

Back