Convert HD MPEG to SD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa Bear

I'm not sure if this is the right category in which to post this thread, or even the correct forum, but here goes.

I'm using a Topfield HD 7100 PVRt to download free to air TV programs. Once a program is downloaded, I have the option to transfer the file to my PC using an etherenet connection or external hard drive.

Does anyone know of a simple one-shot software program that can convert a High Definition MPEG TV program to a Standard Definition format that can be burned to a DVD disc?

I have already tried Win Media player/burn option, Super, DVD Decrypter and Shrink; but none of these recognise the file format of the TV recorded program.

Panasonic put out a twin tuner HD PVR, model DMR-XW300 which has the DVD burner incorporated into the machine with the necessary software to convert HD to SD and burn to DVD; so the software must exist.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

You did not mention what format the source file is.. Nevertheless ConvertxtoDVD should handle it, I have converted both .ts and .mkv to DVD

Thanks gguerra,

Will give that a go. The only reference I have to the format of the source file is as stated in the original post. That is, MPEG high definition from a TV free-to-air broadcast.

What is the file name? what extension does it have? that will tell you the format.. There are other ways as well

Tried VSO ConvertxtoDVD and it worked a treat. I thought the sound hadn't copied because when I played it on Win Media player 11 it had no sound. Put the burnt DVD into my LG Home Theatre and it played perfectly with sound.

Thanks gguerra, vey grateful. :wave:

ps All the file had on it was MPEG. I right clicked and went to properties and it didn't show any further detail than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back