Converting .avi to .mov stalls at 50%

Hi

I'm using VIDEOzilla v3.1 and am trying to convert a 225MB .avi file to .mov but the process hangs at around the 50% mark and proceeds no further. There are no errors, CPU usage initially hits 97% but drops to 50% after about 5 mins.

I have Windows XP w/SP3. No updates have been installed since the installation of VIDEOzilla (that I am aware of).

Has anyone got any ideas on this? Has anyone else experienced this error? I am using the unactivated version (free download). Is the size of the .avi the problem? I had previously used AVS Video Converter to convert the same file into .mov but it placed their logo in the middle of the screen as it too was an unactivated version (and costs twice as much as VIDEOzilla).

Thanks and kind regards,
Nick

What is the goal for this file?

If its going to an iPod you could use Handbrake. If it just needs to be converted for something else you could try Super. Personally I dislike Super because it seems like you need to jump through hoops to use it, and in the past (don't know about current version) the GUI is horrible, but it does seem to work well.

hey, there is tons of free video converter online, if one didn't work, just turn to another. I use sothink free video converter, google it. It could convert avi to mov flawlessly. unlike other free video converter, you could convert the complete video. hope it will help.

Back