Cool Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCase

Hi,

Just replaced my heatsink due to a high pitched noise from my computer then I saw a crack on the heatsink and thought it was that even though the noise has only been slightly reduced is my computer too hot, it hardly has anything in it. Maybe it is too cold where is the -2 coming from lol

mATX
1 HDD,
2GB Ram
No seperate graphics or audio card
Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz

Look at the image attached, what you think. Now I just need to find out where the noise is coming from, still think its the heatsink though

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 5
System/CPU temps are fine. "I saw a crack on the heatsink" What heatsink? If it is the CPU's heatsink, I really doubt if it is cracked. The high picthed sound is probably coming from your hard drive. Is it an old Western Digital drive by chance?

This was the cracked heatsink, image attached.

My hard drive is Seagate ST3500320AS 500GB Hard Drive SATA II but its only 6 months old.

That's a cracked fan blade not a heatsink... Put a drop of super glue on the crack and let it set. If that fan spins fast enough, it could sing... If you still hear the high pitched noise, look at any other fans, even the one in the power supply. You can momentarily stop these fans using a pencil eraser pushed in the center of the fan blades

Sorry I ment heatsink, but its gone back to the shop replaced with artic cooler 7 only with a 40-50% decrease of sound must be another piece of hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back