Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling

TheDevopsGuy

So basicly the title says it I have my cooler master 431 case w/o the side window and ive been wanting to add some more fans to it I was wondering how much would if benefit if I added 3 more side fans 120mm as in cooler temperatures for my pc?

mainly I want to add these to the case will I benefit from them at all?

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/case-fan/sickleflow-x-non-led.html

or with the led probably

and another question I have my cpu which is oced to 4.0 and the temps arent that hot as I never rly go that intesive unless im playing cpu bound games like gw2 in the heavy parts on wvw I was wondering if there was a good air cooler for my intel i5-3570k it currently runs on 4.0 but I wish to push it abit more

could u list some good air coolers on the 50 euro margin?

the hyper 212 evo is in my mind but will it be enough?

The Hyper 212 Evo is the best choice for getting clock speeds up to the 42GHz mark.

As for the case fans, it matters what type of GPU you have. If you have a closed shroud GPU like this one:
660Ti_Hero_685x368.png

Than you want side fans that push air into the case since this GPU sends hot air through the back.

If you have a GPU like this:
XFX-HD7950-1.jpg

You want side fans that act as exhaust (push air out of the case) since the card will push hot air throughout the case.

The Hyper 212 Evo is the best choice for getting clock speeds up to the 42GHz mark.

As for the case fans, it matters what type of GPU you have. If you have a closed shroud GPU like this one:
660Ti_Hero_685x368.png

Than you want side fans that push air into the case since this GPU sends hot air through the back.

If you have a GPU like this:
XFX-HD7950-1.jpg

You want side fans that act as exhaust (push air out of the case) since the card will push hot air throughout the case.

my card is a gtx 660 pny it is like the model in the first picture currently I have the back fan and on the front I have space to add 3 more 2 on the top of the case and one on the side and maybe a better cpu cooler im probably gonna end up buying the hyper 212 evo since I only need the cpu to be 4ghz since I wont be overclocking higher and for the rest I just want to drop the temperature lower the gtx 660 gets as high as 68 C sometimes but its not that bad as its on high end games

I think you should put the top 2 fans as exhausts and the side fans as intake. Go with the plan I just described if this is your card:
pny-660ti.jpg

So u mean side fans put the intake in the card/motherboard top fans to clear the hot air out of the case? I mean like how should I make them im a noob in cooling and I didnt pretty much catch it the fans need to face were in intake they face the card right and the exhaust ones face the outside of the case not inside?

Since your GPU is a closed shroud, than the air should be pushed from the side so that the GPU has more air. The 2 top and back fans should be exahust. The front fans and side fans should be intake. I think it is best to avoid the side fans since they will just bring in more dust and they effect cooling very minimally.

Hmm okay but since the fans are pretty much cheap might aswell but a set of 5 and setup the whole case with them but I guess its true they do bring dust in will do looking forward to fix these temperatures for summer gaming.. just dont wonna deal with the gpu going on 70 C sometimes

The only temperatures you should really worry about with a GPU is anything above 80-90C.

These are the best case fans on the market by the way: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608004. I would get 3 of these. 1 for the back and 2 for the top of the case. I did some research on your case and it only comes with 1 front LED fan, that is it. You need at least 1 exhaust in the back.

The fans that you chose are supposed to be quite loud.

If you dont want to pay $20 for a case fan, look here for cheaper options:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=20. Make sure you look at reviews before buying.

Back