Cooler Master Elite 431

combatantdrip

I was planning to buy this cabinet,then I noticed that it has only 2 USB 2.0 slots(front)..
I was just wondering how people use this case when a mouse and keyboard each takes up one USB slot,thereby leaving nothing for a phone,external hdd,gamepad etc
Any help would be appreciated

You would ordinarily use the I/O USB ports that show at the back of the case which are directly connected to the motherboard. So when you choose your motherboard, pay attention to number and type of USB ports the motherboard provides and decide accordingly. If you need more, you can buy a USB hub or install a PCI or PCI-E add on card for more USB ports.

There is also two internal connections which allow for four front panel devices to be connected. The two Case ports would use one internal connector. This leaves a second port free to use for additional usage.

Thanks guys,but I am a newbie..
So can u plz tell me if I use MSI H61M-P20 (G3) along with Cooler Master Elite 431,total how many USB ports will I get to use??

Is buying the elite 431 plus which has 1 extra USB 3.0 slot for around 10 $ more,worth it?
The thing about that concept is the case may have a USB 3.0 slot but the motherboard does not include USB 3.0 connectivity. If you want USB 3.0 capabilities, you will need to select another motherboard or get a USB 3.0 Add-in card with a front-panel internal connector. With that in mind not all motherboards have USB 3.0 internal connector even though they may have USB 3.0 ports.

I've been watching boards with USB 3.0 connection and they just started making it a standard with Ivy Bridge boards. I myself have a P67 Sandy Bridge board with a USB 3.0 front panel connector but its one of the few that does.

To make a long story short USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Only if the devices you connect are also USB 3.0 devices. USB 2.0 devices will not take advantage of USB 3.0 transfer rates.

However if you get a motherboard with USB 3.0 connectivity now, you will have the option of purchasing USB 3.0 devices in the future and take full advantage of the transfer rates they offer.

How about antec one/one s?
contains two usb 3.0 front ports with adapter to connect to usb 2.0 connetor on mobo.

How about antec one/one s?
contains two usb 3.0 front ports with adapter to connect to usb 2.0 connector on mobo.
Whats the point in getting a USB 3.0 case, if you intend on fitting it with USB 2.0 connectivity on the motherboard? You will loose USB 3.0 transfer rates if you adapt to USB 2.0.

Whats the point in getting a USB 3.0 case, if you intend on fitting it with USB 2.0 connectivity on the motherboard? You will loose USB 3.0 transfer rates if you adapt to USB 2.0.
the post starter has set his eyes on a case with two usb ports, presumably to accomodate his usb 2.0 only motherboard.
what I suggested is a better option.

he can use a new usb 3.0 motherboard, or use his old usb 2.0 motherboard for the same low price case: antec one/one s.

But MSI B75MA-P45 does have an USB 3.0 slot!! so if I pair it with elite 431 plus,I will be able to utilise the USB 3.0,right?
what are the examples of some USB 3.0 devices?

Antec one:
disadvantage: no 3.5" slot for front panel
advantage: Front Ports: 2 x USB 3.0 with included USB 2.0 adapter
so you will get at least 2 usb 3.0 plus your motherboard's usb 3.0 ports.
http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=704923&fid=4&lan=us#

cooler master elite 431
disadvantage: no usb 3.0 front panel ports
you only have your motherboard's usb 3.0 ports.
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6736
Features
  • [FONT=Arial]The mesh design on front panel for superior cooling[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial]Supports up to 5 fans, including one pre-installed 120mm blue LED fan in the front[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial]Tool-Free mechanical design for quick assembly and maintenance [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial]Large side panel window provides the best inner view for components[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial]7 HDD bays and 7 expansion slots for increased expandability[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial]Supports high-end graphics cards up to 315mm / 12.4" in length, including AMD HD 7970 and NVIDIA GTX 690 [/FONT]

This is the case I got it's about 50-65 bucks depending on where you get it and it's very nice to work with... nice cable management, PSU mounts on the bottom, comes with fan filters,2 top USB3 ports, headphone/mic jacks on the top front.... etc... looks nice too.

Back