Cooler Master HAF X Case Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
The original HAF 932 chassis had no major pitfalls, and now almost two years later it's still one of the best full tower cases money can buy. So when Cooler Master announced the new HAF X as the new flagship model of its "High Air Flow" line, they had our immediate attention. If Cooler Master has stuck with its original recipe, then we have no doubt that the HAF X is a worthy successor.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/329-coolermaster-haf-x/

Please leave your feedback here.

Wow...had no idea TechSpot was going to review this. But coincidentally enough, I bought this case while waiting for the NZXT Phantom to be released. Got tired of waiting. So I put together my latest rig (check my profile) with 2 very high-tech friends and you should have heard the "oohs" and "aahs" while we were unpacking this case and checking out it's size and functionality.

This review is spot on and I can't tell you how impressed I am with the case. The functionality is incredible. I love the fact that I don't have to break out a single tool to put everything together. Whatever you could possible want (including USB3) is there. Won't go into details as this review covers it completely.

I will say the HAF X is a damn BIG and very HEAVY case when filled with components (70 lbs-ish?). Not necessarily a bad thing, just an FYI.

Otherwise, if you can shell out the coin for this - it will work for you for years and years.

As an owner of 932 I must say that I was impressed from the case as soon as I laid my eyes on it. Thank you for the wonderful review. I like the painting of the parts that were left pale in 932. What I do not like is the fans which did not evolve from the 932 but degenerated. The 230mm fans on the side panel and on the top of 932 can not be replaced with this solution although I do not have experience with HAF X and can not compare.

Overall a very good case although I do not feel like upgrading from 932 to this case at all and I would still recommend 932 over the X due to the price.

I really like the rugged look and functional design of the HAF932 and X. I haven't used one myself, or even had the chance to see one in person, but I did a lot of research back in the day on the 932 when deciding on a chassis. I eventually picked the Antec 300 (still really impresses me) but I think I'll bite the bullet and buy this when I do up my home server/mega awesome gaming rig combo.

Thanks Techspot; you just made CoolerMaster a sale :) haha. Great review, well done.

Good review, as an owner of a Cooler Master case (Storm Scout) I've always been pleased with the level of quality I got. A friend of mine uses the HAF 932 and that case always blew me away =P, the HAF X just seems to take it a step further. Whenever I get around to owning a full tower case, this will likely be on my shortlist.

I love both of them (932 and X), and the X is a definite improvement, but the only thing putting me off is the window in this case seems a bit pointless. I don't want to perve over my HDDs, or the cables going into the RH side of the motherboard, I wanna see those 6870's once I've ftted both.

It kinda hides your graphics cards from view looking at the various pictures in reviews that I've read. I think I'm gonna have to save for the Lian Li armoursuit PC-P80R red spider edition full tower instead - Least I can see my GPUs and system better through the "spider" window. :)

I luvs my new, all aluminum Cool Master ATCS 840

top1.jpg

I like this case except for one thing: the window. I'd prefer a mesh instead and hopefully Cooler Master will offer a side-panel upgrade. Otherwise, another fine chassis from CM.

Techspot: did you do a review of the CoolerMaster Cosmos S?

Or does anyone own a Cosmos S? If so, would you upgrade to one of these? (HAF X)

Awesome review / case but i dont like the cases that huge! lol i would perfer the silent mid towers

Another excellent case from Cooler Master. I've always preferred steel full tower cases in black. Really cool to look at and extremely sturdy to boot. I'm currently using a black Thermaltake Xaser III super tower which has been with me for the last 5 years. If I were to build a new PC now, I would seriously consider the HAF X case. I just wish it came with more fans preinstalled. I don't think it would kill Cooler Master's profits to add a few more fans to the standard package.

Seems like a cool enough case. I am not a big fan of clear side panels. Looks a little futuristic to me. But what do I know.

nice case. but being a budget gamer with a few reasonable overclocks, i think i can skip this upgrade

Next month I'm going to give a try to 932 since I'm getting a couple of hardware upgrades (Kind of liked it more visually, and the price difference still exists).

Talking of which, do you know a way to change mobo and other things in the computer and dont get crashes when starting old hdd windows? (I actually did that on another computer, changed mobo and processor and it crashed every time, had to reinstall OS, but maybe it was just that PC?).

Thanx for the review,came a bit late though.When you did the HAF 932 review i bought that chassis about half a month later and i bought the HAF-X to replace it about a month before you brought out this review.
A worthwhile replacement if you can afford it.

I really like the Cooler Master case coz it is the fully loaded case with SATA dock built in. No other case offers me SATA dock but wish it could support SATA 3.0 and some USB 3.0 ports as well then it would make my cabinet all rounder. I am talking about CAF CM 690 II Advanced model

I'd be more into an Aluminum one, and the price is a bit high for me, but I must say building a customers PC in his HAF 932 case was an enjoyable experience. Those fans are big! Its a nice case.

worked with a CM HAF before great case, this one looks like improvements all around :) definitely would consider with future builds

This will very likely be my next case. I've always been in love with the HAF series but I've never owned one. They remind me of a giant, unrolled tire tread.

I recently got my HAF 932 blue edition and I absolutely love it. This one looks equally, if not more amazing, but I'm not sure about the whole smaller fans + higher $ thing. Granted USB 3.0 is nice, but I think I'd almost be happier sticking to mine. Either way though, they are both fantastic cases.

Back