Cooler master v10/v8/v6R/v6GT

faizrajaie

hye.,i need some advise on choosing the cooling system for my cpu,.need something that is quite at full speed and can keep my cpu cool as im going to overclock it later..any idea which one should i choose between these cooler master v10/v8/v6R/v6GT..
if theres any other ideas..im glad to hear it from you guys..:)

What are your computers specs? CPU, motherboard, memory type and speed and power supply?

dual core E5300,Gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 [Socket 775] RTL mobo, Memory 8Gb DDR-III 1333MHz Corsair, 650W Corsair TX650W psu..

The Coolermaster V10 is huge, and you'll be needing plenty of clearance on all sides to fit it. The Coolermaster V8 is a safer bet. You will need to check with your local supplier that it is shipped with fittings to necessitate installation with your LGA 775 setup though.

I would personally go with a Thermaltake Silver Arrow or Noctua NH-D14 though, but again, these are big coolers and need plenty of clearance. These are about the best you can get for cooling on air and will be suitable for future upgrades.

As for which cases will fit these coolers: You have to understand there are literally thousands of cases, and an even greater number of configuration options for various chipset designs. It is impossible to give an extensive list of suitable models. However, big gaming cases like the HAF932, and HAF X and such will accommodate these coolers.

i cant find the thermaltake silver arrow in moscow..and HAF932 and HAF X is way out of my budget..im thinking of HAF 912..how your opinion leeky??
noctua NHD14 was also out of my budget..and V8 was not in store in moscow..theres only CM V10 and V6..im quite upset with all the component in moscow..dammit..haha

I love the HAF 912, I use the same one myself. I'm not sure if the bigger coolers would fit though offhand. I've not tried them myself. I'd imagine you'd be fine, but please wait for it to be confirmed before purchasing them.

I think the V6GT is a pretty decent unit and worth considering as long as it comes with the fittings for your LGA775 setup.

well..cooler master scout was able to fit the V10(tightly)..why the bigger HAF 912 wouldn't..i really wish V8 was available so this problem is solved fast..i hope that HAF 912 will be able to fit V10..if you have any resources on this matter please inform me:)

and i wonder why the price fo CM scout is higher than HAF912..

Back