Cooling and power protection

Ancelot327

Hello again guys, well im about to finish my build and i would like to know how to avoid heat problems and how to get a nice power protection (power backup) for my PC.

The main reason of my build is for gaming, WoW to CoD.

My pc parts are:

AMD Phenom II quad 3.2 Ghz
Videocard Nvidia ddr5 1GB
4 GB ram ddr3 1333 2x 2GB
PSU 500w
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631
320GB HDD and i know i have to buy a better one xD

I dont know if only with fans i will keep out of heat issues or if i have to buy something else. I haven't buy the videocard yet so is there a good video card for a good price it would be helpful =D

Please be more specific.

ASUS ENGTS450 DIRECTCU/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Patriot 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model PSD34G1333K

The power supply is Rocketfish gaming 500 watts.

Hmm...no no you don't want that as already stated.
Since you bought the powersupply from best buy (they are a rip off), you should be able to return it as long as it wasn't too long ago.
Assuming your budget was $300, + $100 for that power supply, and that you still want an NVidia card:

ASRock 870 EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 (CMPSU-500CX) 500W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply
And a case of your choice.

That leaves you a bit over-budget, I'd personally use a 6850 or 6870 instead.

As for heat problems, you shouldn't have many of those. Worst case is that the video card will get hotter than you'd like, and you'll just have to turn up the fan speed for that.
If you mean a UPS when you say power protection (power backup), then you're just going to have to buy one and plug it in; simple.

right now i cant afford to buy a 250$ videocard i wish i could, as for the power supply im screwed i bought it like a month ago or so, i cant return it. Is there any specific thing that i have to know for a back up? of how much watts should it have depending on the Pc and monitor?

If your computer takes 500 watts under load (including the monitor), and your UPS is 500 watts, then it will last an hour under full load.
Since we don't exactly know what graphics card you're going to have yet, we can't precisely calculate the maximum power that your computer and monitor will eat in terms of watt hours. Also, it's most likely that you won't be under full load all the time, so you need to consider your usage habits and what you'll likely be doing if the power goes out.

Back