TechSpot

Cooling down power consumption of my PC

By Ultiweap
Oct 18, 2009
  1. Hello,

I have an HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower and I see that my electricity bill is going up as I use my PC long hours. I would like to know if that there is a method or programs to reduce PC peripherals for it to take less power while using it.

Thanks in advance for any advice
    Ultiweap

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

go into control panel under power options and choose balanced or power saver option.

3. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 606

Hmmm that thing I know but I want to reduce processor usage, HDD, memory while using it.

4. red1776

you could go into your bios (if it has access to voltage and muliplier) and under clock/under-volt your CPU. if not you may be able to find a software program that will give you access to those settings.

5. Ultiweap

For Processor i did but for HDD and memory, graphic card etc that i would like to do if possible.

6. red1776

I think you are stuck there Ulti, you are using integrated graphics and you cant undervolt your HDD...i have heard of going green....but this is ridiculous :) JK. the biggest difference you will notice is the throttling down of your CPU when idle or low use.

7. Ultiweap

Hmmm ok I was just willing to know if is was possible thus if not I will make with it. Thanks mate

8. fadownjoo

fadownjoo TS Rookie Posts: 50

underclock through bios or google for a program

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.