Cop's attempt at parental control led to hacked German police system

By Leeky
Jan 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Last July, a computer server used by German authorities for GPS surveillance was compromised by hackers and subsequently shut down. Although details were limited at the time, it is now…

Read the whole story
  2. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 585   +45

Wait a second. This is a 6 MONTH old story??
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

A lot of dumb people involved in this one - on both sides of the fence.
  4. It was new here in EU 6 months ago. But now it is new in US.
  5. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 385   +96

First paragraph, second sentence: "it is now being reported".

Reading comprehension, it helps.

Anyway I know parents are concerned about their kids on the internet, even more so for female kids. But I personally feel that secretly monitoring your kid is going too far. Instead just block websites or services, etc. at the router level. Perhaps just be upfront with them and explain your rules for them and that they actually are to protect them and explain why/how the internet is dangerous, etc. They'll respect you a lot more that way because just secretly monitoring them makes you come off as an invasive ***hole. No kid is going to be perfect and they *will* break rules every once in a while and honestly, kids *should* break the rules to certain degree. It's all just part of learning to grow up, no one is perfect, especially not kids.
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

7. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 585   +45

Yes, and I read that before I posted. However, my point wasn't around when it was reported, but rather how long it took for this to come out. Usually, it only takes a few days/weeks.
  8. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 228

'hackers hacked'
    the father just was pray for this
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

10. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 487   +75

The police suck at hacking.
  11. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 202   +11

stupid cops lol

12. Phraun

Phraun Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.