Copy image boot file on DVD disc to another disc

terry5880

hi all not sure if will get help with this or if its allowed but I got a password reset disc and a drivers disc I bought off ebay .copies I wanted to get another copy incase I lost it . what burner can I use .. thanks

We don't allow the discussion of how to reset passwords, but asking how you create a backup of media you (own and) have is allowed.

Any disc burning software should enable you to create a copy of a disc. CDBurnerXP is free and can be used to create an ISO of the original disc to then make copies (you basically burn the ISO image to a disc to make a copy). It might even offer direct copying as well, not looked to see, but I've used this in the past and always thought it was pretty good.

Other options (paid) include Nero, Roxio, and the like.

ah ok sorry about that and thanks I understand where your coming from . I need to burn as image file I think

I would create an ISO from the disc(s) you already have, then use those to burn to discs in order to create your backups. Having the ISOs saved on your hard disk is also a backup, as these can be mounted and/or burned at will.

Back