TechSpot

Copying Files error when installing Windows Server 2003

By dehumanization
Dec 3, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an original completely LEGAL copy of Windows Server 2003. During Installation I get a few errors saying it cannot find the following files on the disk:

mswrd632.wp_
    icwconn2.ex_
    inetwiz.ex_
    icwrmind.ex_

Does anyone know how I can solve this or where I can download the files and try copy them from a floppy to hard drive using command promp
    Thanks
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Usually files aren't found because of CD has scratches / dirt on it. Sometimes the drives themselves don't work with some discs and you could try another drive (for the installation).

Are you able to finish the installation without those files? If you are, check if they really are on the CD and use expand command in the command prompt to uncompress them.

mswrd632.wp_ is MS Word document converter for Wordpad (and maybe other applications too) and goes to %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\TextConv (filename mswrd632.wpc).

The rest .exe files are Internet connection wizard's files and go to %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard, if I'm not mistaken.

If you use another way to setup your network connection and don't read Word 6 documents with Wordpad, you could just ignore those files.
  3. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

bad cd rom

I had this same issue with W2K advanced server
    replaced the cdrom and made sure hard drive had no old files on it
    make sure you reformat for clean install
  4. dehumanization

dehumanization TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. I changed the CD-ROM, and it worked... weird though because when I had win 2k server it copied the files fine (with the same CD-ROM)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.