copying photos to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandpaul

Hello,
I am running XP home. I have folders on my hard drive that contain photos. The photos are in chronological order in the folders. When I copy the folder to a CD-R, and then open the folder on the CD, the photos are no longer in chronological order. Is there some way to copy the folders and still retain the photo order?
Thank you! Maggie

after you have copied the files, how does the dates show up on the cd? does it show original date or the date you copied them?

all you have to do, is when you view the directory of the cd, click on the date tab and sort it ascending or descending.

The problem is, that the order they are on the cd is no longer in chronological order. The chronological order is not the same as the last time they were changed. It is the date the picture was taken. I guess I wasn't very clear about what I meant, sorry. The names of my pictures are the dates that they were taken. So, I want the pictures in that order on the cd. I am going to be looking at these on a DVD player, so I would like to have them in the picture date order, not the order that I last modified it. Sorry that I did not explain very well before.

Some of them are: April 1962, September 1965, August 1968, etc. I would like to put them on the CD in the order that I just listed them. The computer puts them on in this order: September 1965, April 1962, August 1968. The thing, too, is that the order the computer put them on is not even the order that they were last changed! What I do is move them around, using the thumbnails, on my hard drive. So, they are in order according to the thumbnails.
I did this with a bunch of pictures last Dec., and the computer put them on in the same order that I had them, by earliest named date to latest named date.
I wonder why it will not do it this way now!
Thank you for all of your help! I really appreciate this!https://www.techspot.com/vb/images/smilies/blush.gif

September 1965, April 1962, August 1968
these don't seem in chronological order.
what's the creation dates for these files as you described above?

It seems that they were put on the cd in the order that they were created. I thought that if I moved their thumbnails around in the folder on the hard drive, that that the new order would be the order that they were put on the cd. I guess I was wrong. Oh well. I guess that I just won't be able to have them in the order I want them on the cd. Thank you for all of your time.

What application are using to burn the CD? Nero6 or something like that?
If you put the files/pics in order in that application it should burning them in that order on the CD. At least Nero6 does this for me when I make a music CD. Like you I want the songs in the order I pick or more or less not ordered.
I don't want to listen to all U2, then all Stones etc.

Cheers.

I'm just using Copy to CD, then burning the CD. Don't worry about it. I must not be able to do what I want to do. Thank you, Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back