Not open for further replies.

phoenix87

hi there friends

i hav a system with

core 2 duo 1.86 ghz
3 gb dual chennal ddr2 ram
nvidia 7300 gt 512 mb with force ware driver
intel 946gzis mobo

but still having trouble to play assassin's creed in my system..

the game process very slow in the lowest resolution..

it say it is enough to have dual core 2.4 Ghz to play the game

is the performance core 2 duo 1.86 is lesser than dual core 2.4?

is there a way to play the game in my pc?

Bottleneck in Assassin's Creed.....

The performance of the 1.86Ghz Core 2 Duo is certainly less than would be with a Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, that should be obvious. But, I'm not certain if you've interpreted the games' requirements correctly.

I think the problem lies mostly with your graphics card. I doubt that the 7300GT is anywhere near adequate for the game you're trying to play. I would consider a minimum of an 8600GT video card, and better still an 8800GT.

The C2D you have, could be overclocked to 2.4GHZ probably fairly easily, but the video card is big bucks, and you'd need to assess your power supply, to see if it meets the cards requirements.

They're also asking for Direct X 10.0, which is Vista only. It seems the requirements for this game are actually higher than "Crysis"!

I found these pages about it: http://kotaku.com/347797/assassins-creed-pc-specs-your-pc-will-weep-like-a-scolded-child

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/news/570

thanks pal for ur interest of answering

i m using xp sp 2

i did say core 2 duo 1.86

and want to know its performance comparison with dual core 2.6 Ghz (not core 2 duo 2.4)

i think the processors mentioned above r different architecture.

u see i am using intel 946gzis mobo

wat is the easiest way to overclock my processor .

any software to do that?

please help me with the settings if so if i can get a speed of 2.2 GHz from my cpu

tell about the cooling modification.. if any

thank you

The C2D "Conroe" E63XX (@1.86Ghz) is vastly superior to a "Pentium D" 8XX or 9XX processor running @ 2.6Ghz.

Overclocking is going to be accomplished by adjustments in the computer's BIOS, if your board allows it.

You did miss my point about the 7300GT Video Card, it simply won't run your game smoothly and it's the system "bottleneck".

If you clock up the CPU, you'll still likely get the symptoms you're describing.

To tell you about cooling, I'd need to know what you're doing about it now.

phoenix87 said:
dual core 2.6 Ghz
The game asks for a 2.6GHz Pentium D as minimum, which your CPU is way faster than as cap said. Don't worry about that part. The main fact is that you need a better video card. The 7300GT is just not powerful enough. The 8600GT is available for pretty cheap now and will give you a significant boost in performance.

Agreed. An 8600GT can easily be picked up for about 100 bux and coupled with your 1.86ghz C2D should be able to run the game at max/near max settings(probably 0xAA though)@ 1024 x 768.

256mb will suffice for the res I recommended and probably 1280 as well, but beyond that 512 would probably help alot.

but in the minimum requirement it is said that even 6 series g- card that as a 256 mb supports this game

i thought mine will be sufficient for this ... too bad

wat a crap ....

can anyone suggest me some good strategy games which my g card supports with good graphics

will crysis be ..ok?

phoenix87 said:
but in the minimum requirement it is said that even 6 series g- card that as a 256 mb supports this game.
That's a 6800GT card. In spite of the 6XXX series it's still is more potent that the 7300GT.
phoenix87 said:
i thought mine will be sufficient for this ... too bad
will crysis be ..ok?
Crysis is doubtful also. It's time to start saving for one of the new 8XXX or 9XXX cards.

Sorry,I'm not really a gamer so I can't help you with games that will work with your system. So, we'll keep the thread open, maybe somebody else will have some ideas.

1.86Ghz Core 2, that must be the E6300, same model I have.

Your problem is definately your graphics card as other people have stated. I have that same CPU and I overclocked mine from the stock 1.86 to 2.4GHz and I saw no performance improvement in crysis.

Overclokcing the CPU may improve performance for somethings, but gaming wise you really need to look into getting a new graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back