Core 2 duo temp question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

What is the normal operating temp of c2d? Mine is at 46C at idle. I tried artice silver 5 but it is still 46. Could I have put on too much as5?

Which model do you have? I have an E6700 and it's usually around 48C at idle. That's pretty cool for a dual-core processor BTW, so you should be ok. It's when idle temps hit the mid-50s that things are going wrong.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Nah, 46C is quite okay.
Ok? I thought these were supposed to run super-cool, no? Because 46C is what my OCed X2 3800+ stays at under load (ok, so 49C... still).

@OP: Did you fully clean the old thermal paste with some 99% Isoprol alcohol? Did you apply just a small amount of AS5 (and not too much)? Look on their site for instructions.

Yes, I have the cleaner that comes from arctic silver and then another agent for preperation. It was very clean. Could I have gotten over zealous with it? Can too much cause a problem?

It is a bit hot but then I think it depends on the case ventilation and such. But 46C is still not a bad temp. However, too much AS5 does choke the heatsink. Try re-applying it as stated by agi_shi and seeing how much of a difference it makes.

Well you have a better heatsink, Arctic64, my Ninja kept me at about 32C idle, stock cooler is 41C so yeah there is a differance

As I said before, there is nothing to worry about. You should be sweating it out if the temps reach the mid-50s, coz that is when something is seriously wrong. Otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back