Core 2 quad q6600 temp

By acacia666avenue
Dec 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just installed my core 2 quad and the temp is around 55 c to 57 c. Is this a good temp. I have a themaltake v1 fan. Is there any other better fans to bring the temp down to like mid 40's
  2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

That's not a bad temp but it could be lower. You could get a Zalman heatsink/fan (hsf), i have found them to be very effective.

Google for reviews if you want, to find one that will reduce your temp the most
  3. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

I run the same processor (Q6600). I run a Zalman with a 92mm fan. My idle temps are 40-44 C. When I'm operating a few applications is's still no more than 49-50. When I run the 20% O.C. and get a few apps. going it runs around 55-56 tops. I game @ 10% O.C. and it approaches 62 C. (tops). Mine is a B-3 model.
  4. Computer~freak~

Computer~freak~ Newcomer, in training Posts: 206

it also matter what Stepping ur proccesor uses im guessin that
    acacia666avenue uses a B3 stepping and that
    pdyckman@comcas is using a G0 stepping proccesor
    there are difrent revisions on the Q6600 usualy the G0 stepping ones
    run cooler
  5. acacia666avenue

acacia666avenue Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 88

yea mine has b3 core stepping. i will research the zalamn cpu coolers. Thanks
  6. Kaleid

Kaleid Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

I think both Thermalright Ultra 120 and Scythe Ninja are better than the zalmans..and both give you the option to on your own select the fan you like.
  7. RedFox911

RedFox911 Newcomer, in training Posts: 94

Those temps are alright. I got the asus silent night and my idle temps are 33 and max at 37
  8. Gavin_Capacitor

Gavin_Capacitor Newcomer, in training Posts: 81

pdyckman@comcas 's processor has the B-3 Stepping. He said it in his post.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.