Core Two Duo Vs. Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilmog

Hey, recently I've been shopping around for laptops, and I'm just wondering how the Core Two Duo Processors compare to the core two duo mobile processors, because I've noticed that even though some of the regular Core Two Duo CPUs have lower frequencies, they are still more expensive than some of the Core Two Duo Mobile CPUs with higher frequencies. Anybody care to explain what the differences between the two different types of processors are? Thanks! : )

The mobiles are known for using less power, thus having longer battery life.
Don't worry about the processor. Pay attention to the screen, memory capacity, the number of battery cells, the screens, and the cooling system. You will never notice the CPU difference, but you will know about the others before you have it very long.

Yeah, mostly just the amount of power they use. Ultra low volt Meroms or wahtever use only around 25 watts compared to over 60 by core 2 duos.

I've noticed that even though some of the regular Core Two Duo CPUs have lower frequencies, they are still more expensive than some of the Core Two Duo Mobile CPUs with higher frequencies.

Really? do you know the model names? and what do you mean by frequency? the FSB? the Speed?
This is a great reasource.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors

Does anyone know if penry (or something) is out?

Wait no, apparently they are out for 5.5 Watts AMAZING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back