Core2 Duo E4500 booting problem with no monitor signal

Hi, I have these parts lying unused for 3 years or so:

Processor: Core2 Duo E4500
Motherboard: Intel DG35EC
RAM: 5GB
HDD:80GB
PSU: Generic 450W

So yesterday I put them together in a spare CPU chassis and turned on, initially a green LED at the bottom of the motherboard was lighting up but the CPU heat sink fan didn't spin. So I removed the jumper, put it on 2-3 and tried to turn it on, but no luck. Completely removed the jumper and tried to turn on, but still nothing. So I put it back on default.

Then after this I thought there was something wrong with the CPU heat sink's fan wire, so I unplugged it from motherboard, I un-knotted it a little bit and put it back, this time the CPU heat sink fan started spinning when I turned it on but I didn't get any monitor signal. Tried resetting the CMOS jumper but didn't help. Tried removing RAM modules and trying each one of them separately but still nothing was showing up. I also couldn't hear any beep when I press the power button but it is not connected to the CPU chassis speaker but I could hear RAM module incompatibility beep few times. The keyboard LEDs light up momentarily when I press the power on button as it would when a PC is turned on but while the PC was on, when I pressed the num-lock, caps-lock, scroll-lock they weren't lighting up.

Any suggestions will help. Thanks

Last edited:
Locate and download manual for motherboard.
Check components against QVL.
Attach a speaker for the beep codes.
Begin testing only basics...CPU & its fan...and you should have beep code for bad RAM..then add a stick of RAM, etc., etc. Check YouTube for Linus video.."no post"

Test the voltage for the coin battery - should be 3.2v

Put it in the computer shop.
Have them explain what they did to fix it.
It seems to me you are in over your head trying to build a computer.

I think that problem is the same one I had on my pc, I don't got any monitor signal on PCI-Ex gpu, I sugest you to try plugging an offboard gpu and see if it works, if not, try to take it to an repair shop, because it maybe can be an circuit problem.

Back