Corner of laptop monitor overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeski

Hey all,
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 and I am having an issue with the monitor. Yesterday the bottom right hand corner of the monitor (not the corner of the screen) got extremely hot. If I left my finger on the corner, it would have burned me. Consequently the very corner of the screen is damaged (probably permanently), though not so much that I can't live with.

At this point, I'm hesitant to even turn on the computer (I'm using another one at the moment). Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with this situation, or as to what the cause may be?

Thanks much

Im having problems with my CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives. they are both not recognizing any DVD'S but my cd's still work. My dvd drive is a SAMSUNG SD-616E

Do you mean your dvd drive won't play dvd's or doesn't know they are there?

it doesnt play any and it doesnt recognise there is a disk in the drive

also i tried to upgrade the firmware but it says that i already have the best possible update. and when i uninstall then reinstall from device manager but that does nothing

The dvd drive is faulty. Take it out and try another one, you might be lucky in that your operating system will have the necessary drivers already and will automatically install them for you.
Check whether the drive is set to master or slave and set the new one the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back